Windows 10: I cannot login into my administrator account

Discus and support I cannot login into my administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mo12387, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Mo12387 Win User

I cannot login into my administrator account

I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I try to open the control panel to press "Change account type" I get confronted with a message that says put admin user and password. Also there is no "yes" box at first but then I made an admin account I cannot login into it..
    I made this account using command prompt but it never asked me to put a password for it.
    On the login screen, I am confronted by the admin account and when I try to sign in it requires a password. Again I have never made a password for it.
    I tried everything such as: typing nothing and pressing enter, I tried all password combinations from past accounts.

:)

Mo12387, Mar 10, 2019

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 10, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

How to login to root account in LMDE ?

I don't know about debian edition, but in Gnome Edition I can just login as root with my administrator account password at the login screen - but keep in mind that Gnome Edition is based on Ubuntu and Debian Edition is based on Debian and the only common thing between Ubuntu and Debian is the barest necessities in the Linux kernel.

hellrazor, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot login into my administrator account - Similar Threads - cannot login administrator

2. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  3. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  4. How to login my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login my administrator account?: I didn't put up any password for the administrator account and now it is not able sign in it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-my-administrator-account/84724ece-b80e-4daa-96cd-87a95761215b
  5. How to login my administrator account?

How to login my administrator account?: I didn't put up any password for the administrator account and now it is not able sign in it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-my-administrator-account/84724ece-b80e-4daa-96cd-87a95761215b
  6. I cannot sign into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  7. I cannot sign into my administrator account

I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  8. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  9. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  10. I cannot login to my account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login to my account.: I'm not fully understanding the problem at hand but I can't login to my account on my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop. I was able to login last night to my main account but I tried this morning and it booted me to a local only account....