Windows 10: I cannot login to my email using Mail App

Discus and support I cannot login to my email using Mail App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and want to login into my gmail account using Windows Mail App. The issue appears when I try to submit my login information. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TashaHarding, Dec 20, 2018.

1. I cannot login to my email using Mail App

I have a new laptop and want to login into my gmail account using Windows Mail App. The issue appears when I try to submit my login information. The pops says "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8000000b

:)

TashaHarding, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I cannot login to my email using Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 20, 2018
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

I cannot login to my email using Mail App

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

I cannot login to my email using Mail App

1. I cannot login to my email using Mail App - Similar Threads - cannot login email

2. I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app.: I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-sent-emails-on-my-mail-app/d56f163a-0589-4039-9cc6-b54c43f73065
  3. I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app.: I cannot see sent emails on my MAIL app. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-sent-emails-on-my-mail-app/d56f163a-0589-4039-9cc6-b54c43f73065
  4. Cannot Use Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Use Mail App: Basicily i Cannot Login into My Outlook Account And Mail App Says Creating account... And There is A Screenshot [ATTACH] i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-mail-app/f2985bce-0f8c-456b-84dd-63f9dc82b93f
  5. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  6. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  7. Cannot recreate email account in Mail app

Cannot recreate email account in Mail app: I was advised to delete / restore 2 failed accounts in the Mail app. The Outlook account was restored OK but I cannot get my second account, Yahoo, back. I can access the account OK online and in my Android tablet, but not in the Windows 10 PC Mail app. I reach the stage...
  8. mail app, cannot login

mail app, cannot login: I have a problem with Mail App on my new laptop. When I tried to log into my gmail account via this app, I received an error "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8000000b. " It happened when I was submitting my login data....
  9. Cannot update email password in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot update email password in Mail app: I have had to change the password for one of my email accounts. I can now access it online but cannot update the password in my Desktop Mail app. The Fix and the Attention needed links no longer offer me the change password option, as they once did. How can I change the...
  10. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot log in in my email

2. windows cannot login email