Windows 10: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

Discus and support I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mahir Naffa, Jul 20, 2023.

1. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two hours with them and now I am helpless. Unfortunately there is no technical support to speak with.

:)

Mahir Naffa, Jul 20, 2023

2. Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 20, 2023
  3. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Jul 20, 2023
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 20, 2023
Thema:

I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

1. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password... - Similar Threads - cannot login laptop

2. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  3. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening: I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option for set up my pin. I have entered into that option and i have entered my password but this says incorrect password. Right...
  4. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .: The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power...
  5. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .: The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power...
  6. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  7. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  8. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Cannot access windows as laptop is asking for a password I never set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot access windows as laptop is asking for a password I never set: I have an ASUS laptop that my son restarted in diagnostic mode. It now doesn't recognise my fingerprint, says there is a problem with my pin but won't let me reset it and is asking for a password but I have never set a password on my laptop and my windows password doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password: [IMG]So today, i got on my pc and when i opened it, my computer was asking for a password. I didnt set a password or anything and its asking for one. Also, my computers language is Chinese even though i set it as English. Yesterday, my pc didnt require a password and it was...