Windows 10: I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

Discus and support I cannot make a folder on my desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is what i get when i try to make a folder on my desktop. Thanks for your help, Mathias Van Laere from Belgium.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MathiasVan Laere, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

I cannot make a folder on my desktop. 3ffa56e3-5635-4819-b910-cda3ca2f4deb?upload=true.png

This is what i get when i try to make a folder on my desktop.

Thanks for your help,

Mathias Van Laere from Belgium.

:)

MathiasVan Laere, Nov 3, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 3, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Nov 3, 2019
  4. enso Win User

I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

1. I cannot make a folder on my desktop. - Similar Threads - cannot folder desktop

2. Cannot view files in my desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in my desktop folders: Hi all Complete newbie here - suddenly my files have all disappeared from inside my desktop folders. This is really frustrating - I've tried the 'click to show hidden files' etc on the File Explorer app. I know there are still files in the folders as it lists them at the...
  3. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !: Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all. I have tried various methods to solve this problem...
  4. Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop

Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop: Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop how can I take my computer back one day tp undo what I did today. Thanks * Moved from IE10/other....
  5. cannot delete a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete a desktop folder: i have a folder sitting on my desktop for a long time and I simply cannot delete it every time i try to delete it i get a message Item not found cannot find item Try again or cancel I have just rebuilt the laptop and its still there Winver 1803 145590
  6. how to make the user folder appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make the user folder appear on desktop: i accidentally deleted the user folder and don't know how get it back i did create a shortcut of it but that shortcut icon is annoying on windows 7 you can right click in the user name and click show on desktop but i didn't find that option on win 10...
  7. cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it

cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it: cannont make a folder on my desktop , how do i fix it . all that happens is the blue wheel spins around screen goes off and back on what do i do...
  8. How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?

How can I make one of my picture folders to a desktop background folder in Win 10?: I would like to make one of my pictures folders to be a desktop background folder. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-one-of-my-picture-folders-to-a/e21878a9-154e-4e21-a615-98f1337ae94d"
  9. hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?: any one own an HP-15 NOW WINDOWS 10 CAME BACK FROM SERVICE CANNOT MAKE NEW FOLDERS ANYMORE ??? PAUL R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-15-windows-10-cannot-make-new-desktop-folders/267eb57c-4e31-40bb-abcf-0e06c37ae6db
  10. folder on desktop cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    folder on desktop cannot be deleted: On my desktop there is a folder, I want to delete. I am able to rename that folder (for instance Away), but I am not able to delete it since the folder contains another folder, named shellext. Everything I try to do (administrator account) with the shellext folder results...