Windows 10: I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

Discus and support I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. However the 'X' button on the Edge app has disappeared altogether which means that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LindaNorman2, May 5, 2019.

1. I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. However the 'X' button on the Edge app has disappeared altogether which means that I cannot easily see all my active icons

:)

LindaNorman2, May 5, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, May 5, 2019
  3. Game minimising in Windows 10

I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing
    (mainly from steam) keep minimising at arbitrary times while I play.

I was following many of the steps from Full-screen game keeps minimizing in Windows 10? Here's how to fix this issue

Which claimed that following these 10 steps would "Fix" the problem:

1. Check GPU drivers
    2. Kill background applications
    3. Disable Game Mode
    4. Disable Action Center notifications
    5. Run as admin and in a different compatibility mode
    6. Give game’s process a higher CPU priority
    7. Disable dual-GPU
    8. Scan for viruses
    9. Update Windows
    10. Show taskbar on all displays for multi-display setup
    I have tried a few of these steps (1,2,3,8,9) with no luck! Just wondering if anyone else has had and found a solution to this problem, any info is appreciated.

Eoin Rasmussen, May 5, 2019
  4. steelkane Win User

I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, May 5, 2019
Thema:

I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

1. I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. - Similar Threads - cannot minimise active

2. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....
  3. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....
  4. Cannot activate Windows 11 even though I had Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 11 even though I had Windows 10: I've recently moved from a desktop to a laptop. My old desktop had Windows 10 Pro installed. The new laptop I am using is an M1 Mac with Parallels installed. Parallels offers Windows 11 to install no windows 10 from what i could see but it is not allowing me to activate it,...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 11 even though I had Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate Windows 11 even though I had Windows 10: I've recently moved from a desktop to a laptop. My old desktop had Windows 10 Pro installed. The new laptop I am using is an M1 Mac with Parallels installed. Parallels offers Windows 11 to install no windows 10 from what i could see but it is not allowing me to activate it,...
  6. Text and Icons minimised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and Icons minimised: After installing the latest update to 21H1 I find my text and Icons are minimised to be nearly unreadable.Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-and-icons-minimised/22168f14-0bcd-4b26-87f6-4b0a785d71f8
  7. I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.: I activated windows on this PC around 4 years ago, and I've had this watermark for a few months now. I have attempted troubleshooting the problem without any results. I brought the question to reddit, where I was directed to Microsoft support, which also didn't help me. When...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It: 8 years ago I bought a PC with Windows 7 Installed in it and it gave me 0 problems. After changing almost every single component of the pc and surviving a lot of virus because of some downloads I did when I was 12, now I'm at Windows 10, but it says I have to activate it, I...
  9. Activating windows even though it came activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  10. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it: How did this happen? It actually keeps crashing as well, might be relevant. submitted by /u/RGBonmyeverything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiaikb/windows_says_its_activated_even_though_i_havent/