Windows 10: I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them.

Discus and support I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had three disk partitions. C Drive, D Drive and E Drive. Windows is installed in C Drive. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Divyansh Deep, Aug 30, 2020.

1. I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them.

Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had three disk partitions. C Drive, D Drive and E Drive. Windows is installed in C Drive. After upgrade D Drive became E Drive and E Drive became F Drive. I can't move, copy or rename files and folders in these drives. Also, I am not able to create new folders. Whenever I try the same thing happens, "You need permissions from Users to rename this file." I am the only user of this PC and there is only one user account created. Please help me.

:)

Divyansh Deep, Aug 30, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 30, 2020
  4. I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them.

Play an incomplete avi file?

divfix might be able to help, if not, and VLC and the other suggestions don't work it might just be impossible for your files. Are you sure they're avi files for example, check them out with g-spot. Sometimes funny people rename rar files to avi and such.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them.

1. I cannot move, copy or rename my files. They are video files. I can play them. - Similar Threads - cannot move copy

2. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  3. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  4. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  6. Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?: I don't want to have to hold a button each time I do it. It's difficult to remember and I just want to move things, not create new copies of them. submitted by /u/Zoofyooo [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't move files, can only copy them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move files, can only copy them: So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that? submitted by /u/todahmoon18238 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kej9un/cant_move_files_can_only_copy_them/
  8. Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play

Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My issue is this: when I copy or paste a video file MP4, MKV, AVI etc., the file will not open in Windows Media Player, VLC Player or Divx. The file plays fine in its original location, but once moved, will not open. I do get an error from Windows...
  9. I cannot move, copy or rename my files.

I cannot move, copy or rename my files.: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had three disk partitions. C Drive, D Drive and E Drive. Windows is installed in C Drive. After upgrade D Drive became E Drive and E Drive became F Drive. I can't move, copy or rename files and folders in these drives. Also,...
  10. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file: i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help ***Original title: Cant delete file with Russian file name***...