Windows 10: I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key

Discus and support I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't really have this problem because i use an external mouse and keyboard but the external mouse broke, so i have to use the mouse pad on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XanderG1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. XanderG1 Win User

I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key

I don't really have this problem because i use an external mouse and keyboard but the external mouse broke, so i have to use the mouse pad on the laptop. The Problem happens ALL the time and its frustrating when i want to play my games, i have been through more than 30 posts and none of them has helped. So can someone tell me an actual solution instead of the same one's for 30 of the posts. also windows key + x doesn't have control panel, So can you actually help me someone????

:)

XanderG1, Aug 8, 2019

2. Whenever I hold down a key, my mouse pointer locks and I cannot move it.

Hi Oliver,

Some of the possible reason why you're having performance issues with your device is due to corrupted software or driver. We suggest that you update the mouse driver of your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices > right-click
      HID-compliant mouse
    • Go to the Driver tab > click Uninstall >
      OK
    • Restart your device then check if the issue will still occur.
    Keep us informed about the outcome.

Regile Reb, Aug 8, 2019
  3. cradom Win User
    How to hold down a key with cmd

Suggestion: remap a mouse key as the push-to-talk button. Most people use the scroll wheel button for this.

cradom, Aug 8, 2019
  4. I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key

Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key

1. I cannot Move my mouse at all when i'm holding any key - Similar Threads - cannot Move mouse

2. Shift key not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  3. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.: Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer....
  4. mouse not moving when key pressed

mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  5. Cannot Move Mouse In-game in any game in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Move Mouse In-game in any game in Windows 10: I seem not to be able to move my camera in-game in any game in Windows 10, any fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-move-mouse-in-game-in-any-game-in-windows/ca1ebf41-9097-445e-a275-373697ede6ad
  6. My Mouse Doesn't Move When I Use The Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Mouse Doesn't Move When I Use The Keyboard: In games, I press the W key, I can't also use my mouse at the same time. Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-doesnt-move-when-i-use-the-keyboard/5bb82da2-7d9a-4513-8242-2da7c16c0133
  7. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...
  8. When i hold a button my pc freezes!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i hold a button my pc freezes!: I am able to fix this problem. But i dont wanna restart my pc everytime i face with this. - Everything is up to date (windows 10, drivers etc) - I tried doing factory reset but it didnt help. - It happens when i hold a button for 2 or 3 seconds. I couldn't find anything...
  9. When playing a game and moving, my I can't move my mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing a game and moving, my I can't move my mouse.: When playing on my windows 10 home computer and I move using the arrows keys, I can't move the mouse to look up, down, right and left. It just stays in one position when moving. I have tried to fix it but I can't fix it. This is happening in all my games and I don't know what...
  10. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key. I have updated my drivers...