Windows 10: I cannot open a video made by photos app

Discus and support I cannot open a video made by photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am getting very frustrated because I had combined two clips into one video and I can never access it. I just want to do this simple task! I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnSor1118, May 7, 2019.

1. AnSor1118 Win User

I cannot open a video made by photos app

I am getting very frustrated because I had combined two clips into one video and I can never access it. I just want to do this simple task! I have tried to export it a million times and it still doesn't show up. I have also tried to save it to onedrive but it doesn't show up there either. I have tried to find other reliable, cheap, and nice quality programs but I couldn't.

Please Help!!

:)

AnSor1118, May 7, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 7, 2019
  3. Videos and photos no longer opening

Hi Serge,

Videos and photos can be opened anytime as long as the program supports it. You will only cannot open it if they become corrupted.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with opening files, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the program you're using to open videos and photos?
    • Where is the "view mode" you are talking about?
    • How do you open videos and photos?
    • What is the format of your videos?
    • What is the format of your photos?
    • Have you opened these videos and photos before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can we have a screenshot?

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, May 7, 2019
  4. I cannot open a video made by photos app

Open with another app 'photos'

Thank you, that is a helpful screenshot. So on my machine, I see much the same as you do in the first screenshot. All normal looking programs offered in the list when selecting 'open with', my default for jpg is the Photos app and it all works just fine. Not that I want to use anything else but if I then click 'choose another app' then I get the same type of screenshot you provided in the second one and it is in here where I see the %1 at the top of the list followed by all the normal programs like Photos, Picasa etc. It only happens for photos, if I do the same for video files, music, documents then that %1 is nowhere to be seen.

Scottyboy99, May 7, 2019
Thema:

I cannot open a video made by photos app

1. I cannot open a video made by photos app - Similar Threads - cannot open video

2. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  3. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  4. Photos and Videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  5. Photos and Videos not opening

Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  6. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  7. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  8. i cannot trim video in photos

i cannot trim video in photos: I cannot trim videos in photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-trim-video-in-photos/05500d5f-ae7b-42c2-a722-912b5fe6f6df
  9. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  10. video project made on microsoft photo app

video project made on microsoft photo app: How do I send a video project to my friend if it is too big for email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project-made-on-microsoft-photo-app/aa005c26-d610-4a8c-a7f5-ff62021ba8b8