Windows 10: I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

Discus and support I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarryCockayne, May 30, 2020.

1. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

:)

BarryCockayne, May 30, 2020

2. Cannot open WORD of EXCEL email attachments

• Since switch to Windows 10 from 7 I have not been able to open Word or Excel docs that are attached to emails.
    • I get 'This file is corrupt and cannot be opened' or Word experienced an error trying to open this file'
    • I cannot save these files although jpeg files can be opened
    • I use Windows Live Mail, NHSmail (a secure NHS system) and also TalkTalk webmail for an old Tiscali address
    • I have tried DCOMCNFG procedure but this does not change any settings as they are already in the recommended setting
    • If I attach a document (Word or Excel) to my own email and then try to open the document (from the e-mail) before sending it the computer comes up with the error statements in 2 above
    • The only way around this is if I forward a received email (with attachment) to a friend who then opens the attachment and saves it to memory stick. If I then plug the stick into my computer I can open the document and save it to my computer.
    • Please help, I've already wasted a day!

ChrisGosling, May 30, 2020
  3. Opening Word attachments to emails with Microsoft 10

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I cannot open Word documents attached to emails. I tried the suggestion of going to Control Panel, Office and doing an online repair, but the attachments still do not open. I am able to look at attachments to emails on my
    Iphone, so I know there is no problems with the Word files being sent. This just started when I changed to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

PaulFrohardt, May 30, 2020
  4. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 30, 2020
Thema:

I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

1. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive - Similar Threads - cannot open Word

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot open word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open word documents: When I try to open a word document in a file, the circular blue buffering symbol replaces my cursor and the folder grays out and "Not Responding" appears next to the folder name. The file never opens and I have to close out of the folder. I have no problem opening pdfs, excel...
  4. Cannot open Word or Excel attachments

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Word or Excel attachments: After a Windows update 11/03/2021, I can no longer open Word or Excel attachments in MS Outlook. I can open Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on my own laptop and on my phone. I can open PDF and JPG....
  5. Cannot open Word nor any Word documents

Cannot open Word nor any Word documents: Trying to open Word Microsoft 10 or any Word document, Pop-up says Office is updating. Then error message that reads "The application was unable to start correctly. 0xc0000142 Click ok to close transaction. Cannot access Word or any word document. Help!...
  6. Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.: Since the latest downloads to windows 10 I cannot attach any photos to emails, facebook and documents, etc. I need to be able to attach. I have gotten no help from Microsoft. So frustrated. Nothing has been helping, when I did troubleshoot it told me that Microsoft Photo...
  7. i cant receive any email

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant receive any email: hi why i cant received any email in my email weather the inbox or junk ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-receive-any-email/1cf8e520-83fe-4645-94c3-294462a69964
  8. I cannot open Word documents

I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  9. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  10. Can't open attached documents to Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open attached documents to Emails: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Vista just recently and can no longer open pdf documents attached to emails (AOL). I understand that the problem might be caused by my outlook profile but can't find how to resolve? Regards Robert Barrow...