Windows 10: I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]

Discus and support I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location] in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darren Bartlett1975, Aug 17, 2022.

1. I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]

I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.I cannot open any files from documents, desktop and downloads please help

:)

Darren Bartlett1975, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]

1. I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location] - Similar Threads - cannot open files

2. notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file: notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-automatically-opens-in-windows-11-and-says/6b88ab75-6185-4854-b310-8ab131b56355
  3. notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file: notepad automatically opens in windows 11 and says cannot find the .txt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-automatically-opens-in-windows-11-and-says/6b88ab75-6185-4854-b310-8ab131b56355
  4. I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]

I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]: I cannot open any files on windows 11 message says windows cannot find C:\Users\[file location]Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.I cannot open any files from documents, desktop and downloads please help...
  5. Cannot find file location

Cannot find file location: Help! I want to find the file location of a game on my PC, but it won't let me cos i do not have the permissions. i cannot configure the permissions to let me access the files. what do i do?...
  6. windows cannot find c:\program files\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows cannot find c:\program files\: Hi, I've logged in today and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was working fine yesterday and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get this working...
  7. I can't open any files!!! Message: Windows cannot find C:\users\username\Documents\.....

I can't open any files!!! Message: Windows cannot find C:\users\username\Documents\.....: Help! I cannot open ANY of my files Word, pdfs, excel, etc. I get a pop up: Windows cannot fine 'C:\Users\my username\Documents\..... I have run a virus scan AVAST and no issues/threats seem to be present. There are so many solutions but none of them seem to help! I have...
  8. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file: This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works...
  9. Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:: W10 18362.449 Office 2016. I can open a excel file that sits on my desktop, change something and Excel will not allow me to Save As or Save it back to its original position or any other location on the C: Can save to another drive without issue. Had this problem before and...
  10. Windows cannot find file message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find file message: I am having problems running some program shortcuts on my laptop. I am getting messages similar to the following:- Windows cannot find 'C\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPSF.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Can...