Windows 10: I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running...

Discus and support I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to access my saved documents from my computer and I am not able to open. It is giving me error. I also cannot access some of my programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SheronPacheco, Oct 3, 2019.

1. I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running...

I am trying to access my saved documents from my computer and I am not able to open. It is giving me error. I also cannot access some of my programs as well as word and excel. Can someone help before I bring my computer into a repair shop

:)

SheronPacheco, Oct 3, 2019

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Oct 3, 2019
  3. yapchagi Win User
    Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Win7ine Win User

I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running...

Pinned and last opened Word/Excel Documents now not showing anymore

This Windows Update messed up the through right click activated Context list above the application icons of Word/Excel in the taskbar of previously pinned and last opened documents. Simply the lists are gone and are not re-populating either. Verified on two machines so far, latest Office version 1811 - Build 11029.20079

Win7ine, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running...

1. I cannot open any of my documents on my computer including word and excel. I am running... - Similar Threads - cannot open documents

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint: I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909. Can not afford an upgrade. My Office files are old, dont know what version. Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago. PROBLEM: I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint. I looked for my...
  6. Cannot open Word nor any Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Word nor any Word documents: Trying to open Word Microsoft 10 or any Word document, Pop-up says Office is updating. Then error message that reads "The application was unable to start correctly. 0xc0000142 Click ok to close transaction. Cannot access Word or any word document. Help!...
  7. I cannot find any of my Word and Excel documents in Windows 10

I cannot find any of my Word and Excel documents in Windows 10: I recently noticed that all my Microsoft Office components are greyed out in the Start Menu. Now I cannot get the programs to open. If I go to Documents and search for the file it tells me it cannot find that file and maybe I've typed it in wrong, but I haven't. I have Office...
  8. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive: I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-a-word-document-attached-to-any/931c1b4e-fab3-4900-96d9-183f0f98249e
  9. I cannot open Word documents

I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  10. I am unable to open any programs on my computer with Windows 10 - including edge, outlook, word, etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to open any programs on my computer with Windows 10 - including edge, outlook, word, etc: I am unable to open any programs on my computer with Windows 10 - including edge, outlook, word, etc. It was working fine yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/bc3605a5-54c0-467a-8cc5-1ee393232a42