Windows 10: I cannot open .exe files anymore?

Discus and support I cannot open .exe files anymore? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to install an .exe file today, but after a few minutes nothing happened. Then I googled it and found Microsoft support. I copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maszyna, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Maszyna Win User

I cannot open .exe files anymore?

Maszyna, Jun 21, 2020

2. Unable to open .exe files anymore.

I recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security and have since not been aboe to open any executable file (.exe files) anymore. Any ideas why this is happening now?

Salim Murad, Jun 21, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Jun 21, 2020
  4. I cannot open .exe files anymore?

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

I cannot open .exe files anymore?

1. I cannot open .exe files anymore? - Similar Threads - cannot open exe

2. Why can't I open .exe files through the search bar anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open .exe files through the search bar anymore?: I downloaded a portable install of Google Chrome a year ago and every time I needed to open it, I would search up 'Google Chrome' in the search bar and 'Google Chrome Portable.exe' would appear and I would just hit enter. However, it does not show up and I have to manually...
  3. Why can't I open .exe files through the search bar anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open .exe files through the search bar anymore?: I downloaded a portable install of Google Chrome a year ago and every time I needed to open it, I would search up 'Google Chrome' in the search bar and 'Google Chrome Portable.exe' would appear and I would just hit enter. However, it does not show up and I have to manually...
  4. .exe file won't open anymore after resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file won't open anymore after resetting PC: I have a .exe file that used to work fine until I reset my windows 10 desktop about a month ago. I am able to open this exact file on an external HDD on other window 10 PCs so I know it's just my desktop.Things I've tried:1 Redownloading the software2 I reset my PC again from...
  5. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  6. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  7. Cannot open ANY .exe file

Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  8. Cannot open .exe files in Windows10

Cannot open .exe files in Windows10: I am unable to open any .exe files on my Windows10 desktop computer. Sometimes absolutely nothing happens when I double click on the .exe file. And sometimes I get messages like "Can't initialize plug-ins directory..." or "error5: Access is denied". I followed the advice...
  9. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  10. Cannot open. exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open. exe files: When I am trying to open . exe file I am getting a message "The system cannot find the file specified " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-open-exe-files/b3c0e678-448b-473e-8c29-6a0cc1961698