Windows 10: I cannot open individual photos

Discus and support I cannot open individual photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try to open stored photos On my windows 10 that constantly updates itself now an error message cannot open media it is write protected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOEL2775, Feb 12, 2020.

1. JOEL2775 Win User

I cannot open individual photos

I try to open stored photos On my windows 10 that constantly updates itself now an error message cannot open media it is write protected.

:)

JOEL2775, Feb 12, 2020
  2. JulieH116 Win User

Can't open individual photos

I can open my Photos folder and the sub folders but when I try to open an individual photo a pop up says system file error or the media is write protected. Help?!

JulieH116, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 12, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I cannot open individual photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot open individual photos - Similar Threads - cannot open individual

2. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  3. Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again...: Downloaded photos onto laptop and then opened them individually. After I closed them again they disappeared from my laptop downloads. Where can I find them?...
  4. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  5. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  6. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos: In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos. When I go into properties/details the Rating field has "Unrated". I am unable to change this. What do I need to do to set up the 5 star rating?...
  7. Photos App Import Settings Cannot import into individual folders by date anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App Import Settings Cannot import into individual folders by date anymore: Hello! I usually use the Photos app to import photos from my camera's SD card and I like how it used to be able to allow me to import into individual folders by date automatically, but now there is no option to do so. There used to be the option to select how you would...
  8. Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application

Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application: Is there a way to add people tags to individual photos using the Windows 10 Photos application? I am familiar with the AI tagging feature which identifies unique faces throughout the entire photo collection and then allows you to name those faces. However, the AI tagging...
  9. I cannot open a video made by photos app

I cannot open a video made by photos app: I am getting very frustrated because I had combined two clips into one video and I can never access it. I just want to do this simple task! I have tried to export it a million times and it still doesn't show up. I have also tried to save it to onedrive but it doesn't show up...
  10. Can't open individual photos

Can't open individual photos: I can open my Photos folder and the sub folders but when I try to open an individual photo a pop up says system file error or the media is write protected. Help?!...