Windows 10: I cannot open links in my outlook emails

Discus and support I cannot open links in my outlook emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot open links in my outlook emails. Please show remedy to resolve the issue.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KooroshHARIRI, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I cannot open links in my outlook emails

I cannot open links in my outlook emails.

Please show remedy to resolve the issue.

:)

KooroshHARIRI, Apr 23, 2020

2. email links in Outlook open Mail, not Outlook mail.

Try this out:

• Open Settings and click the Apps section.
    • Click Default apps on the left.
    • Here you probably already see that Outlook is set as your default for email at the top of the list (if not, set it again).
    • Scroll down and choose "Associate apps by protocol"
    • Scroll down the list to the M's and find "MAILTO" and make sure that one also says Outlook (if not, set it there also)
    • Try clicking an email link again and see if it pops to Outlook.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 23, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

I cannot open links in my outlook emails

Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

I cannot open links in my outlook emails

1. I cannot open links in my outlook emails - Similar Threads - cannot open links

2. I need my outlook emails to open up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my outlook emails to open up: My outlook emails do not open up. Can I talk to a real person about this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-outlook-emails-to-open-up/2bb41a45-6c09-4b86-894f-83d3c2ba6d16
  3. I need my outlook emails to open up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need my outlook emails to open up: My outlook emails do not open up. Can I talk to a real person about this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-outlook-emails-to-open-up/2bb41a45-6c09-4b86-894f-83d3c2ba6d16
  4. I need my outlook emails to open up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i cannot open links in my emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i cannot open links in my emails: I cannot open links in my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-links-in-my-emails/4c47bb2a-7672-4096-86a9-2b65371c6243
  6. I cannot open OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open OUTLOOK: I cannot open OUTLOOK by clicking on the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-outlook/752f100e-7e2b-4d2e-a4d9-f9e599d8fa9e
  7. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  8. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  9. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  10. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...