Windows 10: I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

Discus and support I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Powerpoint 2010 and cannot open any more recent documents. I have Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a newer version of Powerpoint? I can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Judith M. Brown, Aug 3, 2022.

1. I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

I have Powerpoint 2010 and cannot open any more recent documents. I have Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a newer version of Powerpoint? I can open the older documents up to 2010. Please advise!Judith

:)

Judith M. Brown, Aug 3, 2022
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10 :)

jaydeee, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Sdrum Win User
    Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the document. Now after the latest W10 Feature update, when you click on any of the documents nothing happens.
    The application doesn;t launch, nor does the document open. I have replicated this with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

Sdrum, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Can you open those documents from File Explorer? I mean if you double click an Office document in Explorer, does it open normally in Word / Excel / PowerPoint?

If you save your Office documents on OneDrive, can you open them on desktop Office apps when Edit in Word / Excel / PowerPoint is selected in browser:

I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10 [​IMG]

... and allowing OneDrive to open desktop Word / Excel / PowerPoint:

I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10 [​IMG]

Kari, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

1. I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10 - Similar Threads - cannot open more

2. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  3. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  4. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10: I have Powerpoint 2010 and cannot open any more recent documents. I have Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a newer version of Powerpoint? I can open the older documents up to 2010. Please advise!Judith...
  6. I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open more recent documents with Powerpoint 10: I have Powerpoint 2010 and cannot open any more recent documents. I have Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a newer version of Powerpoint? I can open the older documents up to 2010. Please advise!Judith...
  7. Why are my Word documents divided into recent documents and more documents?

Why are my Word documents divided into recent documents and more documents?: How do I change the way my Word documents open in Windows 10 Home? Currently they are divided in two segments, the recent documents and more documents. It is confusing and I panic because I think the bulk of my documents are missing or worse that Microsoft had deleted...
  8. I cannot open Word documents

I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  9. Cannot open documents on Windows 10

Cannot open documents on Windows 10: I have Windows 10 64 bit which has been running perfectly. Suddenly when I try to open a document the blue circle goes round and nothing else happens. I have tried every document. The only ones I can open are pdf files or if I move them across to Drive. Any advice very...
  10. Saving Documents and Powerpoints

Saving Documents and Powerpoints: I have been doing papers and projects on my laptop for over a year now and nothing has gone wrong, but I have been trying to save those papers and projects and I save them to my documents and make sure I save them multiple times throughout the process, but when I would open...