Windows 10: I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon

Discus and support I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icoon.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ROBERTBEHNKE, Apr 9, 2020.

1. I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon

I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icoon.

:)

ROBERTBEHNKE, Apr 9, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 9, 2020
  3. opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 9, 2020
  4. I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon

1. I cannot open MSN.com from my desktop icon - Similar Threads - cannot open MSN

2. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open tabs on msn: Cannot open tabs on msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-tabs-on-msn/1236f923-becb-43af-ae4c-99be7888ce88
  3. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open tabs on msn: Cannot open tabs on msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-tabs-on-msn/1236f923-becb-43af-ae4c-99be7888ce88
  4. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot open the com port

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open the com port: I am using the program STM32Flasher from this link: FLASHER-STM32 - STM32 Flash loader demonstrator (UM0462) (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) - STMicroelectronics When I run it, it correctly finds the only used com port. But when I click Next, I always get the error "cannot...
  6. Desktop icons not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons not opening: Many of my Desktop icons including browsers, email accounts and bank sites will not open. I took the computer to a Tech and he hooked it up and everything opened. I brought the computer home and the icons won't open. Frustration has set in. Can anybody help? Care...
  7. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314
  8. Msn,com Picture.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msn,com Picture.: Not sure where to post this. I have taken three pictures of myself in settings account, using the camera. I had to do this to get another picture out of view/selection. Now I have my new picture + 2 on the side. The problem is that I logged out the in to msn.com, but it is...
  9. cannot open one file type from desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open one file type from desktop icons: I have two links on my desktop to .xlsx files which used to open normally will excel. When I click the file in its original location it opens normally but from the desktop i get the following error message. [img] No shortcuts other then .xlxs are affected and there are no...
  10. Cannot open desktop icons or create valid shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open desktop icons or create valid shortcuts: Since the last win 10 update, my desktop Folder icons do not work right. When I left click I get this [img] when I right click I get this [img] The only way I can open a folder (such as Downloads) is to right click, then select open. I have tried creating new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peter1986c