Windows 10: I cannot open my Downloads folder.

Discus and support I cannot open my Downloads folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open my Downloads folder. It was working earlier this morning and now is not responding. Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oleoacres, Aug 12, 2020.

1. oleoacres Win User

I cannot open my Downloads folder.

I cannot open my Downloads folder. It was working earlier this morning and now is not responding. Windows 10.

:)

oleoacres, Aug 12, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 12, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot open my Downloads folder. - Similar Threads - cannot open Downloads

2. I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.: Pat,I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot. When I first download the zip folder, at least the ones from the SD District Attorney’s office which are the only zip files I receive so it could be their system causing it, I can double-click on the zip folder, and it...
  3. I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.: Pat,I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot. When I first download the zip folder, at least the ones from the SD District Attorney’s office which are the only zip files I receive so it could be their system causing it, I can double-click on the zip folder, and it...
  4. I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

Cannot get program i downloaded to open: I'm running a Windows 10 computer and I have downloaded my checkbook Premiere Edition 19 that I bought at Office Depot using the disc on one computer and using the website on another computer and I'm getting the same error every time I try to open the app on both laptops I...
  6. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get program i downloaded to open: I'm running a Windows 10 computer and I have downloaded my checkbook Premiere Edition 19 that I bought at Office Depot using the disc on one computer and using the website on another computer and I'm getting the same error every time I try to open the app on both laptops I...
  7. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open: Hi Everyone, I have a problem with Adobe Files moved from the download folder to another folder on C drive then cannot be opened and become corrupted. 1 - Sometimes the pdf file does not save file extension *.pdf in new folder & requires "open with" Adobe acrobat. 2 -...
  9. Cannot move downloads folder

Cannot move downloads folder: Hello I just accidently changed my downloads folder to be my D drive and now I cannot change it to anything else or even restore the default location.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-move-downloads-folder/5c9890bd-11b6-4020-9907-7e8142a33197
  10. I cannot open folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot open folders in OneDrive: Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word documents and images that I use for my blogs. In total 3,2 GB. This morning after switching on my PC I noticedthat I cannot...