Windows 10: I cannot open my system files at all. Why?

Discus and support I cannot open my system files at all. Why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot open my system files at all. Why? My search box is inoperable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GracieCunningham, Jul 27, 2021.

1. I cannot open my system files at all. Why?

I cannot open my system files at all. Why? My search box is inoperable.

:)

GracieCunningham, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 27, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile I cannot open my system files at all.  Why? :)

jaydeee, Jul 27, 2021
  4. I cannot open my system files at all. Why?

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

I cannot open my system files at all. Why?

1. I cannot open my system files at all. Why? - Similar Threads - cannot open system

2. Why system settings cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why system settings cannot be opened: Why system settings cannot be opened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-system-settings-cannot-be-opened/8ca32d80-5ca3-40da-8471-e0d3c82ff41c
  3. Why system settings cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why system settings cannot be opened: Why system settings cannot be opened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-system-settings-cannot-be-opened/8ca32d80-5ca3-40da-8471-e0d3c82ff41c
  4. cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system: I tried to install something and it had .otf files included. When I tried to delete them it says that it is open in system.Could anyone please help...
  5. cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system: I tried to install something and it had .otf files included. When I tried to delete them it says that it is open in system.Could anyone please help...
  6. cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot delete a file open in System

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a file open in System: On my laptop there is a single 118 gb file, just sitting there. It does nothing except take up space, and I believe it was put there by the Xbox app. My hard drive is very low on space because of this file, taking up more than half of the space, and everything has noticeably...
  8. I cannot open my file sometimes

I cannot open my file sometimes: When i select and open a file my cursor would load forever and cannot click anything until you close file explorerAnd sometimes it would be ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-file-sometimes/22d941e0-ec4a-4648-bca7-1f7bddc62cd9
  9. I cannot open my .xls files

I cannot open my .xls files: I cannot open my .xls files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-xls-files/dcc00f41-ed9b-41d4-9481-5625455d5c7a"
  10. All of My Photos Cannot Be Seen When I Open the File

All of My Photos Cannot Be Seen When I Open the File: When I go to open my photos in my one drive, first off, I am unable to see any of the thumbails for each photo. They all represent this white page with blue mountains. At first, I thought they we're syncing, but when I click on a photo file, it opens the photo in the photo...