Windows 10: I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.

Discus and support I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently i decided to reinstall my windows 10, and i did everything right, but expect that i can't open settings. Do anyone has answer to this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrijaLukic, May 6, 2021.

1. I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.

So recently i decided to reinstall my windows 10, and i did everything right, but expect that i can't open settings. Do anyone has answer to this?

:)

AndrijaLukic, May 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, May 6, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely. :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 6, 2021
Thema:

I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.

1. I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely. - Similar Threads - cannot open Settings

2. I cannot open my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open my laptop windows 10: I am not able to start my laptop computer windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-laptop-windows-10/55ed0f9e-d6c0-4e98-bd81-ed9fd54d8e9f
  3. I cannot open my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open my laptop windows 10: I am not able to start my laptop computer windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-laptop-windows-10/55ed0f9e-d6c0-4e98-bd81-ed9fd54d8e9f
  4. I cannot open my laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Big mistake, just ReInstalled my Windows 7 Pro but I cannot update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big mistake, just ReInstalled my Windows 7 Pro but I cannot update: I'm sure somebody have a solution to that.I have Windows 10 and 11 on other PC but my old PC is was working fine but was slow, so I did a clean install, get to factory setup, got to Windows Update window and then BANG, WindowsUpdate_80072EFE where my computer don't know what...
  6. Big mistake, just ReInstalled my Windows 7 Pro but I cannot update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big mistake, just ReInstalled my Windows 7 Pro but I cannot update: I'm sure somebody have a solution to that.I have Windows 10 and 11 on other PC but my old PC is was working fine but was slow, so I did a clean install, get to factory setup, got to Windows Update window and then BANG, WindowsUpdate_80072EFE where my computer don't know what...
  7. Cannot reinstall my windows 10

Cannot reinstall my windows 10: So my current windows version is 1909 OS Build 18363.900 windows 10 home. I think I have been cryptojacked so I tried to reinstall windows 10, but I can't because of this error that I get. [ATTACH]...
  8. i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?

i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?: hi as i have purchased my pc and it comes pre installed with windows 10 activated on it, then i did i format and now it asks me for an activation which i do not know how to do it? attached is my windows script, appreciate all your kind suggestions/ help, thank you!...
  9. Will windows 10 save my windows settings if I reinstall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will windows 10 save my windows settings if I reinstall?: Hello kind redditors, I have a windows account. Will windows save all my settings in case i reinstall windows and log in into my windows account? things like email accounts, calendar, system preferences, personalization etc? Thank you a bunch! submitted by /u/aime344...
  10. Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10: I did a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 in 2016. Now, I wanted to do a clean reinstall since my laptop was running very slow. After the installation, it asks for product key and even if I select "do this later", I cannot skip it. During the previous install of...