Windows 10: I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

Discus and support I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Previously when I wanted to open a recent file, I just right clicked the app in the start menu and selected the file. I currently see the recent files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Rodenbaugh, Dec 16, 2018.

1. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

Previously when I wanted to open a recent file, I just right clicked the app in the start menu and selected the file. I currently see the recent files but cannot open them. I am not sure when it started but probably after update.

:)

Michael Rodenbaugh, Dec 16, 2018

2. Adobe Reader not opening

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader DC
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Adobe Reader DC:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for Adobe Reader DC
      and right click on it and click on uninstall.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 16, 2018
  4. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

Adobe Reader not opening

I re-installed Adobe Reader DC. It worked for a few hours and then stopped working.

Windows diagnostics said the program is incompatible.

What should I try next?

AlbertHochhauser, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

1. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader) - Similar Threads - cannot open recent

2. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10: My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't been able to access my files for two days.I'm not an experienced computer operative - I can only use the very basic things as I...
  3. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10: My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't been able to access my files for two days.I'm not an experienced computer operative - I can only use the very basic things as I...
  4. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why adobe reader cannot support chinese word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why adobe reader cannot support chinese word?: as per question. how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-adobe-reader-cannot-support-chinese-word/23c6cd8f-fc1c-4333-bc4d-e97338552c3c
  6. Why adobe reader cannot support chinese word?

Why adobe reader cannot support chinese word?: as per question. how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-adobe-reader-cannot-support-chinese-word/23c6cd8f-fc1c-4333-bc4d-e97338552c3c
  7. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  8. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  9. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  10. cannot open word or excel files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot open word or excel files: I cannot open excel or word files. I get an error message everytime I try and open those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files/964b7030-4219-4f20-9683-554ed344e103

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open recent windows excel