Windows 10: I cannot open sign in options.

Discus and support I cannot open sign in options. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot open sign in options.but when i try doing it the setting get stopped and gets stuck.please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Varshithreddy3, Nov 23, 2021.

1. I cannot open sign in options.

I cannot open sign in options.but when i try doing it the setting get stopped and gets stuck.please help me

:)

Varshithreddy3, Nov 23, 2021

2. Sign in Options wont Open

Build version: 14393.693

I would like to add pin as a sign in method,

but this problem did'n encounter very often

It usually be normal after I restart the windows

I cannot open sign in options. 9db8c2d4-1cde-4c99-aa50-357274e1daab.png

I have been following this instruction, but seems like nothing is solved

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ont-open/93b07b0e-8d63-427a-8fd2-440fa912afa2

I also encounter these problem :

Bima Satria, Nov 24, 2021
  3. sign in options not loading

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I was researching on this issue and would suggest you to perform these steps after signing in to the user account using password and then check.

1. Sign-in to your Windows 10 Administrator account using password.
    2. Now; open your File Explorer and browse to the location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
    3. Right click on the NGC folder and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    4. Under the "Security" tab, click on "Advanced" option.
    5. From the following window, next to the Owner section, click on the "change" link.
    6. Under the Enter the object name to select option, input
      Administrators if you are using administrator account, or the local user name.
    7. Click on Check Names and then
      OK
    8. Once you have followed all these steps, you should be able to enter
      NGC folder. Delete all the files from the folder
    9. After removing contents of the NGC folder, add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Let us know the results. If issue persists, we will certainly assist you further,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2021
  4. I cannot open sign in options.

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

I cannot open sign in options.

1. I cannot open sign in options. - Similar Threads - cannot open sign

2. I cannot access to my sign in options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access to my sign in options.: Hello, My pc is on windows 11. When I first started it, I set up windows hello to sign in with my face, finger and PIN code. But the next time I wanted to add a finger some week after the first start of the pc, it said "This option is currently unavailable. When clicking on...
  3. I cannot access to my sign in options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access to my sign in options.: Hello, My pc is on windows 11. When I first started it, I set up windows hello to sign in with my face, finger and PIN code. But the next time I wanted to add a finger some week after the first start of the pc, it said "This option is currently unavailable. When clicking on...
  4. can't open sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open sign-in options: Once i click sign-in options, the settings window freeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-sign-in-options/a4d52b80-a7a7-4677-909b-562764ec1319
  5. can't open sign-in options

can't open sign-in options: Once i click sign-in options, the settings window freeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-sign-in-options/a4d52b80-a7a7-4677-909b-562764ec1319
  6. sign in option not opening.

sign in option not opening.: I have recently reset my laptop and I am trying to open the sign in options for setting up my fingerprint but when i click on sign in options it just freezes and i have tried many things but nothing is working plz help....
  7. sign in option not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option not opening.: I have recently reset my laptop and I am trying to open the sign in options for setting up my fingerprint but when i click on sign in options it just freezes and i have tried many things but nothing is working plz help....
  8. I cannot open sign in options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open sign in options.: I cannot open sign in options.but when i try doing it the setting get stopped and gets stuck.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-sign-in-options/3814c16d-7d87-476b-9e7e-6134ea3ab1f6
  9. I cannot open sign in options.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot open sign in options.: I cannot open sign in options.but when i try doing it the setting get stopped and gets stuck.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-sign-in-options/3814c16d-7d87-476b-9e7e-6134ea3ab1f6
  10. I cannot open sign in options.

in Windows 10 Gaming