Windows 10: I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor

Discus and support I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows version is 1903 and its a self built system. Please help me Ive tried countless things.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amir Lahlou, Feb 29, 2020.

1. I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor

My windows version is 1903 and its a self built system.

Please help me Ive tried countless things.

:)

Amir Lahlou, Feb 29, 2020

2. Registry Editor hidden when open

Hi. RRDodge

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In this case, there are two ways to open Registry Editor in Windows 10:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type regedit. Next, select the first result for Registry Editor (desktop application).

2. Hold down or right-click the Start button and then select Run. Type regedit in the Open: box and select OK.

Now, if for any reason this does not work, in that case you can use the command prompt to open it, these would be the steps to follow:

• Open the Start menu.

• Click on the Windows logo located in the lower left corner of the screen.

• Type command prompt in the Start menu. In this way, the Command Prompt icon will appear in the Start menu.

• Right click on the Command Prompt. This is located at the top of the Start window. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear.

• If your trackpad does not have a button for the right click, use two fingers to press it.

• Click on the Run as administrator option. This option is found in the drop-down menu.

• If you do not have administrator rights on the computer, you cannot complete this method.

• Click Yes when prompted. Doing so will open the Command Prompt in administrator mode.

• Enter the registry update command.

Type reg add "HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System" / t Reg_dword / v DisableRegistryTools / f / d 0 in the Command Prompt and then press ↵ Enter.

• Close the Command Prompt. Now, the command must have reactivated the Registry Editor.

• Try to open Registry Editor. Open the Start menu, type regedit and then press ↵ Enter.

If Registry Editor does not open, go to the next step.

• Restart your computer. Open the Start menu, click on the Start / Off icon and then on Restart.

Once your computer restarts, try again to open Registry Editor.

Best Regards.

Anthony. -

AnthonyBurns03, Feb 29, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    cannot open registry editor

Hi,

How are you opening Regedit ? You will have better results if you open it with a Command Prompt (Admin)..

If what you posted is a Registry file that opened with Notepad instead of Regedit, right click on it and select "Open With" and select "Registry Editor" and set it as Default..

Registry files can be opened, edited, and created with notepad, but must be saved as a .reg file to be of any use..

slance310, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor

1. I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor - Similar Threads - cannot open exe

2. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  3. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  4. why cant I open some apps like task manager registry editor and also why is my file...

why cant I open some apps like task manager registry editor and also why is my file...: Hello, I can't get into some of my apps on my main account I try numbers things but I keep getting errors. I tried sfc/scan now DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it says it is fine...
  5. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  6. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  7. Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files: A recent update may have caused this, but overall I am not 100% sure. I went to open up Task Manager and when I did the prompt "The code execution cannot proceed because credui.dll was not found." So I went to look up solutions and one was a system scan through opening the...
  8. cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open: Hello, All shortcuts icon turn into blank white as shown in image. and whenever i open command prompt, task manager and any .exe files , one pop up window appearHow do you want to open this file? as shown in image. [ATTACH] I tried, deleting iconcache.db files and...
  9. Registry Editor and Exe Files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Editor and Exe Files won't open: I recently changed the wrong value in the registry editor by accident, and now exe files wont open. I can't go back in to registry editor because it is an exe file. I have tried many things, like changing cmd.exe to cmd.com and opening command prompt, but nothing I do inside...
  10. cannot open registry editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot open registry editor: i am not able to open registry editor on my windows 10, whenever i open it a notepad window opens up. what could be the reason?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-registry-editor/ea69d705-7331-4915-aed1-202679e6beca