Windows 10: I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why?

Discus and support I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can't I open something I downloaded?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EverettStine, Dec 4, 2019.

1. I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why?

Why can't I open something I downloaded?

:)

EverettStine, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 4, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why?

Hearthstone open beta

It's in BETA, everyone else is probably bombarding their servers, and this is a wonderful stress test for them. They don't really owe you a flawless experience due to it being in beta. Also the game kinda sucks. All the top decks use the same 14-16 cards, regardless of what class you play as.

RCoon, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why?

1. I cannot open someting I downloaded. Why? - Similar Threads - cannot open someting

2. Why I cannot download chinese language pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot download chinese language pack?: Why I cannot download chinese language pack?error code: 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-download-chinese-language-pack/15680c8a-ac48-46a5-8a92-892cad269281
  3. Why I cannot download chinese language pack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot download chinese language pack?: Why I cannot download chinese language pack?error code: 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-download-chinese-language-pack/15680c8a-ac48-46a5-8a92-892cad269281
  4. I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.

I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.: Pat,I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot. When I first download the zip folder, at least the ones from the SD District Attorney’s office which are the only zip files I receive so it could be their system causing it, I can double-click on the zip folder, and it...
  5. I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot.: Pat,I cannot Open downloaded ZIP folders unless I reboot. When I first download the zip folder, at least the ones from the SD District Attorney’s office which are the only zip files I receive so it could be their system causing it, I can double-click on the zip folder, and it...
  6. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

Cannot get program i downloaded to open: I'm running a Windows 10 computer and I have downloaded my checkbook Premiere Edition 19 that I bought at Office Depot using the disc on one computer and using the website on another computer and I'm getting the same error every time I try to open the app on both laptops I...
  7. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get program i downloaded to open: I'm running a Windows 10 computer and I have downloaded my checkbook Premiere Edition 19 that I bought at Office Depot using the disc on one computer and using the website on another computer and I'm getting the same error every time I try to open the app on both laptops I...
  8. Cannot get program i downloaded to open

9. I cannot open my Downloads folder.

I cannot open my Downloads folder.: I cannot open my Downloads folder. It was working earlier this morning and now is not responding. Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-downloads-folder/5049aac5-7797-4ff7-b8ea-3bd4e023096a
  10. why when i download a file it opens with notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    why when i download a file it opens with notepad: When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop. 153024