Windows 10: I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

Discus and support I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rhys Chan, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Rhys Chan Win User

I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen.

:)

Rhys Chan, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Start Menu not in position properly

Any difference when you set it to classic start menu?

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu - Similar Threads - cannot open start

2. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  3. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  4. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  6. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  7. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot open Start Menu

Cannot open Start Menu: Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-start-menu/bf8558fd-65f8-4b66-8c4b-c5ede0b9666c
  9. I cannot access the settings for the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access the settings for the Start menu: Hello everyone, This is pretty straightforward: I cannot access the settings for the start menu. When I do a right click on the task bar and then click on "properties", I should have a "Start menu" tab in the window. The problem is : I don't have that tab. Also, I don't...
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...