Windows 10: i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

Discus and support i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; on my pc the default app of photos is not working It isn't opening when I click on any picture it doesn't open and there is text appeared in which the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TahreemTayyab, May 19, 2019.

1. i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

on my pc the default app of photos is not working It isn't opening when I click on any picture it doesn't open and
    there is text appeared in which the app didn't start is written please help me how to solve this problem.

:)

TahreemTayyab, May 19, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 19, 2019
  3. Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 19, 2019
  4. i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 19, 2019
Thema:

i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

1. i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app... - Similar Threads - cannot open default

2. In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...: When i use MICROSOFT PHOTOS app in Windows 11, i DOUBLE CLICK a "jpg" file and it opens in a new window where i can scroll through all my "jpg" files in that same folder. But i CANNOT do the same with "jpg" files located in the DCIM folder in my Samsung mobile, it just loads...
  3. In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...: When i use MICROSOFT PHOTOS app in Windows 11, i DOUBLE CLICK a "jpg" file and it opens in a new window where i can scroll through all my "jpg" files in that same folder. But i CANNOT do the same with "jpg" files located in the DCIM folder in my Samsung mobile, it just loads...
  4. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  5. Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture

Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture: Since a week or so, when double-clicking any picture on my PC associated with the Photos app, the app sometimes starts blank and I can't do anything but close it. It then takes about 5 seconds before I can try and open the picture a 2nd time which then succeeds and the Photos...
  6. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  7. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.: When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. I just get the default icon. How can I see the photo without opening it? The file extensions are almost all .jpg I am using windows 10...
  8. When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open: when tying to open an app, I click the icon on the home page. However, the icon locks on the toolbar and I cannot open the app up. Other apps work OK How to correct?...
  9. Hidden picture are visible in default photos app

Hidden picture are visible in default photos app: when I tried making some photos hidden using the " attrib +s +h 'path' ", they're still visible in the photos app. I don't understand why it is happening but this makes no sense of making the files hidden or making them invisible. e.g. Trying to hide the directory...
  10. I cannot set my default apps for pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot set my default apps for pictures: I have read numerous posts and questions about default apps, but I still cannot set my default picture viewer/editor on my machine. I have tries setting it in Settings where I can set my Default apps and I choose Corel PhotoPaint-no luck. The box with the plus doesn't accept...