Windows 10: I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

Discus and support I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadow_Jay, Nov 1, 2019.

1. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well just in case that was the issue but no, still can't open windows defender.

I also tried sfc /scannow on an administrator command prompt. Please help I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything! :((

submitted by /u/Shadow_Jay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadow_Jay, Nov 1, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Nov 1, 2019
  4. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

1. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything! - Similar Threads - cannot open Defender

2. Error in opening almost everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in opening almost everything: Dear Microsoft Community,Lately, once I try to open a photo on my laptop, I am getting an error message "The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix this/ or Make sure you typed the name correctly" the error is attached below. Now the same error...
  3. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  4. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  5. No internet, I've tried everything

No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  6. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.: Anything left before I have to reinstall windows? So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month ago. Yes I torrent. But I've been using PCs since the 90s. I know what to click on and what not to (at least I think). I've...
  7. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  8. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything: I downloaded notepad ++ from a third party because I needed an older version, but it also installed a program SAntivirus, which I cannot delete no matter what I do. I've tried all the third party things, access denied, I tried all the basic things like through task manager,...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING: A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every...
  10. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 3169-wm entertainment laptop. It's several years old. I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly before my problem began. After upgrading everything was incredibly slow and often the computer just froze. A few days later it started working a little better...