Windows 10: I cannot open Windows Mail

Discus and support I cannot open Windows Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open Windows Mail and several others, I can get Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrancesRobo3, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I cannot open Windows Mail

I cannot open Windows Mail and several others, I can get Google

:)

FrancesRobo3, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I cannot open Windows Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 31, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

I cannot open Windows Mail

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

I cannot open Windows Mail

1. I cannot open Windows Mail - Similar Threads - cannot open Mail

2. Cannot open mail since yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open mail since yesterday: Cannot open or access secondary email addresses since yesterday?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mail-since-yesterday/967b6b9e-993a-4537-ab67-cfc26da2da68
  3. Cannot open mail since yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open mail since yesterday: Cannot open or access secondary email addresses since yesterday?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mail-since-yesterday/967b6b9e-993a-4537-ab67-cfc26da2da68
  4. I cannot open my windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open my windows live mail: After downloading the windows update a couple weeks ago I can no longer open my windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-windows-live-mail/b5ce20f8-6277-47ec-8ace-72b95e385912
  5. Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10: Hello! I cannot open any attachments in my Outlook email accounts from my Windows 10 mail app. It was working fine until yesterday. It won't even open if I hit Ctrl and click on the attachment. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  6. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail: Until the last update I could click on the attachment and open it. Now I can only save the attachment, only if I right click and select open. Help....
  7. Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.: Every time I try to open Windows Mail it crashes and I cannot open it. I already tried this and I still can´t open Mail. How to uninstall the Mail app on Windows 10 Open the Start menu. Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the result and select Run as...
  8. Cannot open jpeg in Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open jpeg in Live Mail: Hi - I can send photo's to people but when they send them back to me all I get is e.g.-[cid:image001.jpg@01CFF1EB.6E952370] & I'm unable to open them - I use Windows Live Mail & OS is Windows 10 Can anyone help ? 23050
  9. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...
  10. Cannot open settings in windows mail

Cannot open settings in windows mail: Hi Something must have happened to my windows mail in windows 10 version 1511. When I slick on Manage account in Settings, nothing happens and the settings do not open. A related issue is that the mails do not display in the reading pane. I don't know if these are related...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail and calendar cannot open