Windows 10: I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed

Discus and support I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With Bitlocker, even if I disable bitlocker, or turn bitlocker off, I am still unable to run Dell Command Updates, which are BIOS updates. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Terra Laughlin, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed

With Bitlocker, even if I disable bitlocker, or turn bitlocker off, I am still unable to run Dell Command Updates, which are BIOS updates. Is there a way to get around this> I have tried already tried disabling Bitlocker, and I have also tried Turning off Bitlocker.

:)

Terra Laughlin, Jun 4, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 4, 2019
  4. I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed

1. I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed - Similar Threads - cannot perform BIOS

2. Bitlocker and bios update URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker and bios update URGENT: Hi there, I just did a bios update and didn't realize it would need my Bitlocker recovery key. The error said something like press y to reset FTPM if you have BitLocker enabled the system will not boot without a recovery key. If I click N it takes me to my bios to reset it...
  3. Bitlocker and bios update URGENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker and bios update URGENT: Hi there, I just did a bios update and didn't realize it would need my Bitlocker recovery key. The error said something like press y to reset FTPM if you have BitLocker enabled the system will not boot without a recovery key. If I click N it takes me to my bios to reset it...
  4. Bitlocker and bios update URGENT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  6. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  7. Bitlocker and updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker and updating BIOS: Before I update the BIOS, I'm asking myself about Bitlocker and if it has the Drive locked. Since I am getting nowhere with myself, I thought it best to ask someone abroad, so here I am. My question then is, how can I tell if my Drive is locked and then this. When I click on...
  8. Bitlocker and updating BIOS

Bitlocker and updating BIOS: Before I update the BIOS, I'm asking myself about Bitlocker and if it has the Drive locked. Since I am getting nowhere with myself, I thought it best to ask someone abroad, so here I am. My question then is, how can I tell if my Drive is locked and then this. When I click on...
  9. Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update: This is the solution for people who dont access to the Bitlocker key on their microsoft account:Download the previous version of your laptop or computer BIOS, if you dont know which one was look for the current version and go back and use the bios flash utility with every...
  10. Performance decrease after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Performance decrease after BIOS update: I recently updated Laptop BIOS.After the update, performance has significantly decreased and laptop has basically been rendered useless.Product details: Lenovo S340 14-APIRyzen 38GB RAMEarlier BIOS : AMCN28WWUpdated BIOS : AMCN29WWI cannot roll back to...