Windows 10: I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

Discus and support I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 and an external Dell DVD player. But I cannot connect them. Who can help? Thanks...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawn Uhaul, Nov 12, 2018.

1. I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

I have HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 and an external Dell DVD player. But I cannot connect them. Who can help? Thanks...

:)

Shawn Uhaul, Nov 12, 2018

2. External disk drive

Can you really not play a dvd on an external disk drive? It recognizes the dvd but won't play it. Asus K501L with windows 10.

WyattBoboltz, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Jay Eday Win User

I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

How to access external drive DVD player

I have a Surfacebook and windows 10. I just plugged in an external CD/DVD drive. It's listed under "Connected Devices" but I don't know how to access it, play the DVD. Where are the controls?

Original title: How to access external drive

Jay Eday, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

1. I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive - Similar Threads - cannot play DVD

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  5. DVD not playing from external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not playing from external drive?: The DVD has BUP VBP & IFO files none will open with Windows Media Player is the VLC safe to download? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing-from-external-drive/54eda131-d26e-4c87-a24b-b5102c998b02
  6. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

can not auto play dvd from external hard drive: i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store it says when i press auto play, choose what to do with dvd, but only gives two options, take no action or open microsoft...
  7. how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?

how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?: Sorry, I'm a newbie.....the external drive appears on Settings but Idon't see how to make disc play??? tia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-cd-or-dvd-from-external-drive-on/4778abc5-6323-4d87-b2d0-ebdbd5fc7306
  8. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

in Windows 10 Customization
    External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted: The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied....
  9. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

External Drive won't play CD or DVD: I've installed an external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 on my Lenovo Ideapad. It appears in devices, says to insert a disc, but it doesn't play. The device whirs for a bit, but nothing shows on the computer screen (other than the little blue circle) and I don't hear...
  10. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not play dvd from external player

2. windows cannot play dvd from drive

3. cannot play dvd from external drive

4. KB4465065 dvd drive,
  5. kb4465065 dvd,
  6. play disk in external disk drive,
  7. drive cant play disk,
  8. cannot play dvd on external drive