Windows 10: i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc

Discus and support i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephOlphert, Dec 30, 2019.

1. i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc

i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc

:)

JosephOlphert, Dec 30, 2019

2. DVD/Blue Ray drive not recognised

Hello and thanks for the reply, here is an update, this was an install/upgrade from windows 7, so I presumed that all the required updates from windows were down loaded as required. Running "DriverAgent" has sugested that all drivers are upto date. The blue
    ray drive on windows 7 has been fine up until this point. Method 1 has been run with nothing sugested as an issue. Method 2. I get lost after point 3 this brings up "Program compatability Troubleshooter and the option to follow instructions, nothing to select
    drivers and install.

Following the link to update drivers suggests to run "wuapp" this brings up a dialogue box that says windows cannot find wuapp, so that does not work!

Device manager shows no yellow triangles.

I removed the drive and tried it in my pc I use for day to day also on windows 10 and the ASUS BC-12B1ST drive was recognised. I don't have a spare Blue Ray drive so tried a normal dvd drive in the pc that would not see the bule ray. After reboot it saw
    the dvd drive and payed a dvd. Replacing with the blue ray drive it did not see it, so I powered down and changed the sata port. On powering up the pc did a couple more updates and the drive was now seen in device manager. Very fustrating and I wasted a whole
    afternoon on the exercise. So all was good?

Saturday night is movie night and a new blue ray disk loaded for the evening, all was well until 1 hour into the film when the sound started becoming intermittent and then the picture blocky, then the famous but new "blue screen of death" and the pc crashed
    and then rebooted. Very disapointing and no real explanation.

I have checked the ASUS web site to see if there is a firmware update for the drive and there appears not to be one it is version 1.02, the driver which microsoft says is up to date is 21 June 06 10.0.10586.0 sound a bit old to me.

I am using cyberlink Power DVD 15 to play Blue Ray because the operation system does not support blue ray as far as I am aware?

I am happy to send any log file though someone will need to tell me how to.

Any thoughts woud be apperciated.

MartinDavies, Dec 30, 2019
  3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Dec 30, 2019
  4. liza4kit Win User

Blue ray DVD

hy there
    This Blue ray seems to be some thing new to the market is it some kind of DVD where we can record films and ect... so what the big different between Normal DVD and Blue ray

liza4kit, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. i cannot play my blue ray dvd on my pc - Similar Threads - cannot play blue

2. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?: I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-toshiba-portable-dvd-playing-can-it-play/b5c9ed2e-b80c-4893-8773-af4a5126d288
  3. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?: I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-toshiba-portable-dvd-playing-can-it-play/b5c9ed2e-b80c-4893-8773-af4a5126d288
  4. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD: Hi, I want to boot into windows 10 from a Blue Ray or DVD, not a Hard Drive. How can I install windows 10 OS on an optical disk and have it boot as if it was a hard drive? When I search, I get volumes on how to install to a hard drive from an optical disk, but nothing...
  6. Blue Ray Movie won't play

Blue Ray Movie won't play: I have a blue ray DVD player on my computer, but never tried to play a movie before. Since my actual player broke, I tried to play a rental movie on my computer. My drive is: [img] When I tried to play the movie, I got this message: [img] I don't know much about...
  7. cannot play a dvd for learning guitar on my pc but will play a cd ok

cannot play a dvd for learning guitar on my pc but will play a cd ok: how can I play a dvd for learnig guitar on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-play-a-dvd-for-learning-guitar-on-my-pc-but/25ab5346-d72e-42ea-9799-2e86c66f8478
  8. My PC plays cd's but will not play dvd's it says that the computer cannot read because of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC plays cd's but will not play dvd's it says that the computer cannot read because of...: As above, can anyone helo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-plays-cds-but-will-not-play-dvds-it-says/7a47c038-6971-4014-8a5c-b73751ed39eb
  9. playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer

playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer: have dell desktop trying to play dvd doesn't recognize. Put disk doesn't play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-blu-ray-dvd-in-desktop-computer/641e461f-9772-4f0a-ae80-7677824caba6
  10. Ability to play a Blu-Ray DVD on a Windows 10

Ability to play a Blu-Ray DVD on a Windows 10: Hello Everyone, I don't know, whoever else has had this problem, why I cannot play a Blue-Ray DVD on my Windows 10 Media Player!! Apparently you have to use a 3td party player. Oh, and by the way, Windows will take no responsibility for any problems with your computer...