Windows 10: I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer

Discus and support I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot print using a USB cable and an MFC 685 CW printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John EShenouda, Aug 4, 2020.

1. I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer

I cannot print using a USB cable and an MFC 685 CW printer

:)

John EShenouda, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 4, 2020
  3. How to troubleshoot printing to multiple printers connected via USB in Windows 10

I have two printers (one Canon, one Brother) attached to my home computer. Both printers are directly plugged in via individual USB cables. After printing to one printer, if I print to the other one, I get one of two problems:

• printer appears offline and cannot be set to online
    • the job gets sent to the wrong printer, which prints endless blank pages

All I need to do to solve the problem is disconnect the USB cable of the printer I want to print to, and then reconnect it. This works every time.

After a few months of doing this, I'd really like to make it easier to do. Neither printer has network capabilities, meaning USB is the only way to go.

1. What should I do to find the root cause of this issue?
    2. If it's not possible to solve the root cause, would it be possible to have a small batch file which I can click to emulate unplugging and replugging the printer?

I have tried:

• updating the drivers for both printers
    • setting both printers to 'isolation mode'
    • checking that the printers are located on different USB ports in printer properties. This appears to be the case:

I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer GvfqO.png

Neither have helped.

Kit Johnson, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Firebeast Win User

I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer

1. I cannot print using a usb cable and an mfc685cw printer - Similar Threads - cannot print using

2. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  3. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  4. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot print while using USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print while using USB printer: Hi All,Have you ever experienced the issue of not being able to print to a printer that uses a USB connection. 1. When the PC is off and the printer is on, when I turn on the PC I can't immediately use the printer unless I restart it. 2. When my printer is turned off and the...
  6. Cannot print while using USB printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print while using USB printer: Hi All,Have you ever experienced the issue of not being able to print to a printer that uses a USB connection. 1. When the PC is off and the printer is on, when I turn on the PC I can't immediately use the printer unless I restart it. 2. When my printer is turned off and the...
  7. Cannot print while using USB printer

8. Wireless Print to USB Printer

Wireless Print to USB Printer: My daughter has a Canon IMAGE Class MF236 USB only laser printer which is connected to her desktop Windows 10 PC. She has a Widows laptop (I think it's Windows 10) that she wants to print to her Canon printer. Is there a way to do this? 166226
  9. My printer will not print with USB

My printer will not print with USB: I am having a very difficult problem getting my laptop to print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-print-with-usb/92acfc7b-2baa-47f7-8c60-78f5e07c0a08
  10. I cannot print using my Canon printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot print using my Canon printer: I have problems with Canon fax machine. I connected it to my computer but it doesn’t work. It is Canon MF4450 printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-print-using-my-canon-printer/9ab31cfa-8668-422c-addc-8f829a5576e4