Windows 10: I cannot properly reset my PC

Discus and support I cannot properly reset my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop did not open task manager and Windows Defender etc. Speed of laptop was normal. I suspected a malware infected my laptop. I tried to reset my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Samroze Ali, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I cannot properly reset my PC

My laptop did not open task manager and Windows Defender etc. Speed of laptop was normal. I suspected a malware infected my laptop. I tried to reset my laptop to remove the malware. I followed the following steps. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC>Remove everything > Data erasure On(if you want to recycle, donate or sell this PC) . Then it started to reset and after sometime suddenly stopped and a screen appeared (a picture of which is attached).I cannot properly reset my PC [​IMG] It shows " Your PC has been reset, but we couldn't remove all of your personal files. If you plan to give away or recycle this PC, try resetting it again"

Has it removed all malware or I have to reset it again?

Please suggest the solution for this.

:)

Samroze Ali, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

resetting the pc

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to software corruption. To properly isolate the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Have you performed Reset this PC option?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to fix the issue?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Nov 8, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 8, 2019
  4. I cannot properly reset my PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I cannot properly reset my PC

1. I cannot properly reset my PC - Similar Threads - cannot properly reset

2. After resetting my pc I cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting my pc I cannot log in: I’ve had a lot of computer issues lately regarding windows and multiple kernel errors popping up the lag couple of days so I decided to reset my pc and wipe it completely. After this process was complete I tried to log in and I got an error saying “User Profile Service failed...
  3. Cannot Reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Reset my PC.: While managing my partitions, I messed up with my recovery partition. Now I cannot Reset my PC. Can anybody tell me what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reset-my-pc/10ef155d-3b02-49a0-ad1b-8dea8ee4c39c
  4. Cannot Reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Reset my PC.: While managing my partitions, I messed up with my recovery partition. Now I cannot Reset my PC. Can anybody tell me what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reset-my-pc/10ef155d-3b02-49a0-ad1b-8dea8ee4c39c
  5. I cannot reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot reset my PC: Hi! Thank you for taking your time to help me out. I cannot reset my PC to factory settings. I tried: Start > Reset my PC: Does the whole spiel then returns with a 'We couldn't reset your pc, nothing has been changed'. Create a bootable USB stick: Somehow the PC just...
  6. I have a problem... cannot reset my PC..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem... cannot reset my PC..: .Here is a screen shot of the root directory. I think there is something wrong. looks like there are actually no files on the physical machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-cannot-reset-my-pc/62e058dd-6586-4b2e-84e9-35c364c8e4cd
  7. I cannot reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot reset my pc.: So i bought a Hp Pavilion 15 db-0xxx on 22 December 2019 and if i try to reset it it goes to 54% and says windows choose an option menu and when i logon it just says There was a problem resetting your pc. I chose all but it said the same....
  8. I cannot reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot reset my pc: Good day everyone. I have been trying to reset my pc using the reset and refresh methods respectively but to no avail. It always stops at16% and then rolled back by undoing the changes it has made. My pc is: OS Build--16299 Version - - 1709(fall creators update) The pc...
  9. cannot reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot reset my pc: I cannot reset my pc running Windows 10 because “Get started”button is not working. When I press it, nothing is changing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reset-my-pc/2ad1a3a3-8639-4710-9d9f-6343d0a1ad6c
  10. I cannot reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot reset my PC: I cannot restore/reset my PC "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore." How can it be asking me to specify which Windows installation when there is...