Windows 10: I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail

Discus and support I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot add gmail accounts to windows mail app. I get an extra massage asking for name after the sign in process, then an error message for no obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MoyraCosgrove, Jul 21, 2021.

1. I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail

I cannot add gmail accounts to windows mail app. I get an extra massage asking for name after the sign in process, then an error message for no obvious reason

:)

MoyraCosgrove, Jul 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Jul 21, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Arily Win User

I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail

Mail App and Gmail

I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a yahoo email account just not the gmail.

Is this a known issue since the last update, and is there a workaround fix?

Arily, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail

1. I cannot put gmail onto the windows mail app. I get an error message after signing in to gmail - Similar Threads - cannot put gmail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  5. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  6. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  7. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  10. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts: Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try. Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:- 1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032....