Windows 10: I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before

Discus and support I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I always played Minecraft Java and then one of my friends who didn't have Java, bought a new windows 10 computer so we could all upgrade at the same... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Joseph Schultz, Aug 11, 2020.

1. I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before

I always played Minecraft Java and then one of my friends who didn't have Java, bought a new windows 10 computer so we could all upgrade at the same time and play together. We all then started playing it Not the trial version That was about a year ago and just recently I factory reset my computer because of storage issues. Now I cannot play even though I have Minecraft Java, I have played Windows 10 Minecraft before, and I just bought Minecraft for my son on the x box with the same email.

Am I able to get my Windows 10 account back or will I have to just buy it again?

:)

Joseph Schultz, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Can’t download minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Minecraft you are installing? (Java/Windows 10)
    • Do you get any error message?

If you are installing Minecraft Windows 10 version,
    then we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install Minecraft.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article: Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 11, 2020
  4. I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before

Minecraft Windows 10 on XBox One

Hi Taylor,

Players who already have the previous PC or Mac edition of Minecraft (running on Java) can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network.
    To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Were you able to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on your PC?
    • Did you purchase a copy of Minecraft for Xbox One?

The games that you can play on your Xbox console and your PC without paying additional costs are called Xbox play Anywhere Games. You may click on this

link
    to check the list of Xbox Play Anywhere games.

You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network. You can also play online with up to four of your Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer gaming. If you purchased or redeemed the code
    for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition you can only use it on a Windows 10 PC.

For more information about Minecraft on Windows 10, you may visit this
    link

Loraine Mon, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before

1. I cannot re download Minecraft Windows 10 even though I have played it on my PC before - Similar Threads - cannot download Minecraft

2. Why can't I get Minecraft: Bedrock Edition even though I have Java on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I get Minecraft: Bedrock Edition even though I have Java on my pc?: I have Minecraft: Java Edition on my pc. I went to go play it today and it said I needed a bundle with both editions of Minecraft. It said if you own it before you would get it for free. I went to the Microsoft store but there was no "get" button to get the game for free. Why...
  3. I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.: I tried everything but I still get "Not sure why you cant play the full game? If you are playing Minecraft for Windows through Family Sharing, you may not be able to access Minecraft Java edition without buying it on this account." error in Minecraft. I bought Java &...
  4. I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.

I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.: I tried everything but I still get "Not sure why you cant play the full game? If you are playing Minecraft for Windows through Family Sharing, you may not be able to access Minecraft Java edition without buying it on this account." error in Minecraft. I bought Java &...
  5. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  6. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  7. Can't play Windows 10 Edition anymore even though I have it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't play Windows 10 Edition anymore even though I have it?: I've had my minecraft account for a long enough time that I could get Windows 10 Edition free. For some reason, I can't play it anymore, and if I open it I'm told to buy it again. I don't understand since it's been working before completely fine. [ATTACH]...
  8. I cant download the Minecraft windows 10 starter Collection even though it is the PC one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant download the Minecraft windows 10 starter Collection even though it is the PC one: Hello so I got the Minecraft windows 10 starter Collection on my laptop every time it says I can download it it gives me a device to choose I pick my laptop as its the only one then it says downloading. But then I click ok and it doesn't install and gives me a thing that says...
  9. I cannot download Minecraft to PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download Minecraft to PC: First I purchased Minecraft on a disk - it was long time ago and then I was offered a digital version for free. I downloaded it on the xBox. However I am not able to download it on the PC because I receive a message that I need to buy this game...
  10. I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership: I cannot delete this file even though i have ownership [ATTACH] but [ATTACH] I got this file while installing cheat engine and now i cannot uninstall it. I think its a virus or malware. Please help me. Should i wash my computer????? (i have important stuff) I also...