Windows 10: I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc

Discus and support I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My situtation is pretty much unique from what i have seen, so here it is: When i set my microsoft account up in the first place, i only had two emails,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KieranO'Neil, Dec 27, 2020.

1. I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc

My situtation is pretty much unique from what i have seen, so here it is: When i set my microsoft account up in the first place, i only had two emails, my automatic one generated on my iphone and my school one. I made my personal one the account email, and the school one the recovery email, but i have since moved schools, and the email has been deactivated. I updated windows on my pc that i had for a grand total of one day, and then it told me “Your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings blah blah blah you know what i am talking about. I followed the prompts, and it told me to enter the code that was sent to my school account i ko longer have access to. I changed the info on the account, but i really do not want to have to wait until almost february of 2021 to use my xmas present. Is there a way to either vet rid of the thirty day wait or for tech support to change my pin on their end if i give them the info?

:)

KieranO'Neil, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 27, 2020
  4. I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc

Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device

Hello ToBob,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Please verify if you wish to change the PIN of another device?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • It would best if you can send me a screenshot of the said issue.

Meanwhile, you can check this article
    to learn more about using PIN in Windows 10.

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows 10, try resetting your PIN. Follow these steps:

1. On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset.
    2. On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account, and then select
      Next.
    3. On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select
      Send Code.
      Learn more about security info and security codes
    4. When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select
      Next.
    5. In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is set.

Note: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, verify your network connectivity by opening
    Settings > Network and Internet. After connecting, try signing in with your PIN again.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc

1. I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc - Similar Threads - cannot receive code

2. Cannot access my PC with my PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access my PC with my PIN.: Hello, Microsoft, I have a window 11 pc and my PIN is not working. I am locked out of my PC. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-pc-with-my-pin/7f7c3fd2-9c7a-4cfb-84d0-2dcdb7d16bf7
  3. i forgot my pin and cannot change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my pin and cannot change it: i forgot my pin and cannot change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-and-cannot-change-it/b4cdea76-4a2b-4414-a6fb-2811ea46d4ba
  4. i forgot my pin and cannot change it

i forgot my pin and cannot change it: i forgot my pin and cannot change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-and-cannot-change-it/b4cdea76-4a2b-4414-a6fb-2811ea46d4ba
  5. i forgot my pin and cannot change it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  7. Cannot change my PIN

Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  8. I cannot change my sign-in PIN

I cannot change my sign-in PIN: I was trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign-in option, there is no way I can change my PIN in the setting. My only option is to do it by forget my PIN. I don't want to lose any store or redo everything that connect with the PIN. Is there any other way for me to change...
  9. I cannot change my pin

I cannot change my pin: I forgot my pin so I am trying to change it. but when I try to change it asks for my pin which then I press I "I forgot my pin". This then just tells me to go to the exact same place I am right now to change my pin. This is what I'm getting: Change pin > Click "I forgot...
  10. Cannot change PIN code on my computer?

Cannot change PIN code on my computer?: Hey, I'd like to change my PIN code I have on my computer, but it's not as simple as going into Settings > Account > Sign-in options and changing the PIN. It shows itself as a "Windows Hello PIN". I am not able to change this, because "Sorry - this PIN isn't working for...