Windows 10: I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled

Discus and support I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I face this problem when trying to use a USB device such as a microphone or a webcam to record the sound of my guitar. The sound is getting muffled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alexander nmv2, Oct 9, 2018.

1. I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled

I face this problem when trying to use a USB device such as a microphone or a webcam to record the sound of my guitar. The sound is getting muffled in this case but if I start recording my voice, everything is perfectly well. I use blue sowball ice microphone and logitech c310 webcam

:)

Alexander nmv2, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Aidan Dix Win User

when I try to record guitar it gets muffled

Whenever I try to use a usb device(e.g. microphone, webcam) to record my guitar it muffles and distorts the sound, when i record my voice it comes out perfectly fine, but when I try to record my guitar, or any music for that matter it muffles and quietens
    the sound

I dont know if its a problem specific to the devices I use but i'll state them anyway:

blue sowball ice microphone

logitech c310 webcam

Aidan Dix, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 9, 2018
  4. I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled

N93 mic sounds muffled

When I record sound on my N93 the result sounds "muffled." You can hear the effect on the videos here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/4333?page=

and here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/3664?page=

Is this the standard sound of the N93, or is there something wrong here.

I thought the mic might be blocked, and found two holes that must be the mics, one with an "L" the other with an "R" beside it. The holes seem to be clean with no blockage.

Perhaps the mic or electronics are not picking up the higher frequencies, giving a low muffled sound.

Please advise on how to get a "bright" higher quality sound out of my N93.

Thanks for your help.

John

johnleeke---01, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled

1. I cannot record the guitar sound because it gets muffled - Similar Threads - cannot record guitar

2. muffled sound on headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  3. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?: device: HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 14-cd1xxxi don't know if this question would fit better under an HP support forum, however i'll still ask here just to be sureHello all, i'm trying to get game sound clips by recording my desktop audio through speakers and turning it into...
  4. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?: device: HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 14-cd1xxxi don't know if this question would fit better under an HP support forum, however i'll still ask here just to be sureHello all, i'm trying to get game sound clips by recording my desktop audio through speakers and turning it into...
  5. Audio recordings through speakers sound muffled, how could i fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  7. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  8. Muffled Sound

Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  9. when I try to record guitar it gets muffled

when I try to record guitar it gets muffled: Whenever I try to use a usb device(e.g. microphone, webcam) to record my guitar it muffles and distorts the sound, when i record my voice it comes out perfectly fine, but when I try to record my guitar, or any music for that matter it muffles and quietens the sound I dont...
  10. Cannot Record Audio Sound

Cannot Record Audio Sound: Hello I cannot record/capture the audio sound playing from a media player on my laptop desktop. However, the recording software's i've tried using (Audacity) (Total Recorder) picks-up/records the sound from the TV or any other sound in the room. For some reason unknown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my guitar sound muffled through audacity

2. my guitar sounds muffled when i record on audacity

3. cannot record voice on ideapad 330s