Windows 10: I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded

Discus and support I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to ssd To run it on another device, I made an image of the system and saved it on an external hard disk. When I wanted to recover it, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _913Mohamed, May 21, 2024.

1. I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded

I wanted to ssd To run it on another device, I made an image of the system and saved it on an external hard disk. When I wanted to recover it, a message appeared to me that the image could not be found and I could not locate it. I tried the method on my device and the other. It did not work, and I tried to transfer it to a USB, but the transfer did not succeed. Please help, as I desperately want these data ***Moved from [Arabic Saudi Arabia locale]

:)

_913Mohamed, May 21, 2024

2. Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Please list the methods you used so that we do not suggest the same methods again.

Frederik Long, May 21, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Recovering files

Hi, you would need to describe exactly what you have done step by step as the possibilities in your minimal description are many. We don't even know for sure exactly where your original disk is or what method you have used, so no point suggesting data recovery methods yet. I could provide a page of questions, but better if you take the initiative as a list a. I .... b. Then I ... c. ... Thanks.

dalchina, May 21, 2024
  4. I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded

Recover System Image

Hello,

I am having trouble recovering a system image. I created a system image on a USB flash drive following these steps that someone posted on these forums.

- create a directory on your USB drive
    - right-click the directory and choose "Share with", "Specific people"
    - choose yourself from the list of users and click Share and Done
    - in the "Create System Image" menu choose "On a network location"
    - now enter the URL for your share (\\your-computer\sharename)
    - enter your username and password and click OK

I shipped my computer to dell. They wiped it and sent it back to me. I got it back, held down F12 at start up, and tried to reimage it. My computer couldn’t find the saved image with on my flash drive, nor the copy I added to my documents. It only lets you
    search over my network, so I typed in the path to my own computer and another on my network. My computer can’t find the image. Then I spent 4 hours on the phone with Microsoft. We tried booting from Windows 7 via a flash drive and recovering the reimage. Still
    can’t find the files. We tried moving the image file to a new disk and extracting the files via a 3rd party. Didn’t work.

The reimage is saved as a 85.5GB Hard Disk Image File. When I double click it, it says “The disk image isn’t initialized, contains partitions that aren’t recognizable, or contains volumes that haven’t been assigned to drive letters. Please use Disk management
    snap-in to make sure that the disk, partitions, and volumes are in a usable state.

I have now also tried to access the system image by attaching the virtual hard disk. The first time I did this nothing appeared to happen, but now it says that it has already been attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I have lost hundreds of hours
    of work and spent 12 hours trying to recover what seemed like a prudent backup.

Mitchell#K, May 21, 2024
Thema:

I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded

1. I cannot recover the system image. I have tried all methods, but I have not succeeded - Similar Threads - cannot recover system

2. If all method not works, what have i should do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If all method not works, what have i should do?: I have try every method in this discuss to repair BSOD with unmoutable boot volume, but not single method is work. What should i do to repair my laptop?...
  3. Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working .: Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-is-not-working-i-have-tried-all-the/cf80e506-5fdc-4543-b176-408e6690a8b9
  4. Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working .: Start menu is not working. I have tried all the methods but apparently it's still not working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-is-not-working-i-have-tried-all-the/cf80e506-5fdc-4543-b176-408e6690a8b9
  5. My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured issue I have all the methods but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured issue I have all the methods but I...: My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-gateway-i-am-having-no-internet/8540494f-e87d-453c-9abb-a617ef5fd3e0
  6. My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured issue I have all the methods but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured issue I have all the methods but I...: My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-gateway-i-am-having-no-internet/8540494f-e87d-453c-9abb-a617ef5fd3e0
  7. My laptop is gateway . I am having no Internet , secured issue I have all the methods but I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Trying to recover system from a image created, I have an external SSD with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to recover system from a image created, I have an external SSD with...: Hello,A few days ago, my windows 10 was hacked, all my files where encrypted, lost gmail accounts, etc.I decided to run a recovery and restore from windows to files.Luckily I have an external SSD with a WindowsBackupImage created a month ago with the native app on windows...
  9. Bluetooth,I have tried it all....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth,I have tried it all....: I have a HP Notebook, maybe 10 years old and I love it. After down loading Windows 10 my Bluetooth and WIFI stop working. It's becoming a huge problem. I need my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi fixed. I have reset this computer at least 6 times. I cant find the Bluetooth and WIFI....
  10. I have tried all the recipes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have tried all the recipes: Greetings to all, I have tried all the recipes that were coming to me from collaborators, to solve the problem of update and downloading the version 1803 of the windows 10, Months lost without benefits, In the hope of messages do not benefit From the update screen tells for...