Windows 10: I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13

Discus and support I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wrote an Access database several years ago the backend of which is a MySQL database. Several other people use this db. Its tables automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllenReddick, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13

I wrote an Access database several years ago the backend of which is a MySQL database. Several other people use this db. Its tables automatically connect with MySQL via an odbc connector 32bit 5.1.13. This Access db still runs successfully on my desktop computer, but suddenly last week it would not load because of odbc failure. I used the program in the morning--in the afternoon I again tried to open it and received the error msg. Another Access db that uses MySQL and the same connector driver also fails on this computer different MySQL db. So, obviously, the odbc connector was at fault. Tried to reinstall the driver and received the following error: Error 1918:Error installing ODBC driver MySQL 5.1 Driver, ODBC error 13. The setup routines for that driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found. C:\Program Files x86\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1\myodbc5S.dll. Verify that the file MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1 Driver exists and that you can access it. I researched the problem and tried various fixes, none of which worked. In desperation, I have now tried a Reset of Windows. Efforts to install the driver result in the same error message so I have to abort.

To be clear, the problem exists only on my laptop--my desktop and other users have no problem.

:)

EllenReddick, Apr 29, 2020

2. ODBC and Admin Name

Hi Bernard,

We acknowledge that you're having issues in setting up ODBC for DB2 connections. We would suggest in posting your concern through our Technet team to get proper support and to have the right information for your concern. You can easily reach out to them
    by clicking this
    link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 unable to add Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

I am attempting to add the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver to my list of active data sources, but am unable to do so.

I have installed the latest driver downloaded directly from microsoft, and I have found the driver .dll file in windows explorer. However, when I attempt to add the data connection via ODBC Data Sources (32-bit), the driver does not come up in the available list.

I checked the list in ODBC Data Sources (64-bit), just to make sure it was not listed there. I am aware that the FoxPro ODBC driver is 32-bit only.

I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13 [​IMG]

What next steps should I take in troubleshooting this issue? I've been googling for over two hours now, with no new developments. Thanks.

Alex Ritter, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13

1. I cannot reinstall odbc connector 5.1.13 - Similar Threads - cannot reinstall odbc

2. Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature: Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature, when turning off the feature in "Turn Windows Features on or off" it asks for "Windows need to reboot to finish installing the requested changes", when rebooting it gives an error: "Something didn't go as planned. No need to...
  3. Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature: Cannot turn off "MultiPoint Connector" feature, when turning off the feature in "Turn Windows Features on or off" it asks for "Windows need to reboot to finish installing the requested changes", when rebooting it gives an error: "Something didn't go as planned. No need to...
  4. Normally I should broke the RAID 1 CONFIGURATION if disconnected any of the SATA Connectors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Normally I should broke the RAID 1 CONFIGURATION if disconnected any of the SATA Connectors: Normally I should broke the RAID 1 CONFIGURATION if disconnected any of the SATA data Connectors one or the two HDDs in RAID 1 from the motherboard...? TrueFalseSYSTEM INFOAsus motherboard PRIME Z370-A; 2017-2018 model2TB HDDs in RAID 1 as D:/SSD NVMe 500GB C:/WINDOWS 10 PROI...
  5. Windows 10 update on 5/13/21.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update on 5/13/21.: Prior to this update I had a restore problem with windows 10. I reinstalled windows 10 from disc. Looking in windows.old, I found all my photos, videos & other important folders there. Soon after that windows 10 update happened and everything was gone. How do I recover these...
  6. Device USB\VID_1A86&PID_752D\5&18a72180&1&13 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device USB\VID_1A86&PID_752D\5&18a72180&1&13 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous...: -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>442</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  7. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  8. Gears 5 not reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 not reinstalling: I have the standard game pass gears 5 downloaded just fine the first time. I uninstalled it to make room for other games. When I try to reinstall it immediately comes up with error0% and nothing on the "click help" tab had any explanation that could help except to for help on...
  9. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...
  10. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...