Windows 10: I cannot reinstall windows 10

Discus and support I cannot reinstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had dell desktop with windows 8.1, upgraded later to windows 10. Computer crashed, I used recovery drive to reinstall windows 8.1. But now I can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vickie Harris, Jun 26, 2022.

1. I cannot reinstall windows 10

I had dell desktop with windows 8.1, upgraded later to windows 10. Computer crashed, I used recovery drive to reinstall windows 8.1. But now I can not reinstall windows 10.

:)

Vickie Harris, Jun 26, 2022
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! I cannot reinstall windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

I cannot reinstall windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

I cannot reinstall windows 10

1. I cannot reinstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot reinstall

2. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders: Not wildly inconvenient but strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-and-reindexed-but-now-i/55ffc742-3d2f-4329-898e-928b42221584
  3. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders: Not wildly inconvenient but strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-and-reindexed-but-now-i/55ffc742-3d2f-4329-898e-928b42221584
  4. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new mini-PC with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed on an OEM license. Unfortunately I accidentally wiped the hard drive. I have now reinstalled windows using USB boot version, but when I try to activate Windows I get the following message.We can't activate...
  6. Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008

Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new mini-PC with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed on an OEM license. Unfortunately I accidentally wiped the hard drive. I have now reinstalled windows using USB boot version, but when I try to activate Windows I get the following message.We can't activate...
  7. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen: Hello, I have encountered a problem on my windows 10 PC which I am unable to fix and I need help. Below is what happened and what I have tried so far: It started when I opened multiple Twitch tabs on Chrome. My PC started freezing. After some seconds I entered the blue...
  8. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen

Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen: Hello, I have encountered a problem on my windows 10 PC which I am unable to fix and I need help. Below is what happened and what I have tried so far: It started when I opened multiple Twitch tabs on Chrome. My PC started freezing. After some seconds I entered the blue...
  9. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...