Windows 10: I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...

Discus and support I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sorry, we can’t get into your account right now. To fix this, please sign in again. When I click on “Sign in” Microsoft displays a screen asking me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EMBBerwyn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. EMBBerwyn Win User

I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...

Sorry, we can’t get into your account right now. To fix this, please sign in again.

When I click on “Sign in” Microsoft displays a screen asking me to enter the password for this account. I don’t have the correct password. So I click on “Forget password?”

The next screen displays the e-Mail address that I created 15 years ago *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that do not have the correct password. And the message

“We can help you to reset your password and security info. First, enter your Microsoft account and follow the instructions below.

Try entering your Microsoft account again, we don’t recognize this one.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Next, I delete *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, enter my current e-Mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and click on the “” button.

On my desktop PC I do not have the authentication app. So I use a different verification option, I request Microsoft to send the code to my cell phone. I entered the code received from Microsoft and enter a new password.

The next window displayed asked me to “Sign in.” I paste the password that I just entered. Next, Microsoft displays the message, “The password is incorrect. Please try again.”

When I display Excel or Word the Warning Sign Emoji is displayed on the title bar of both applications, moving the cursor over my name the e-Mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I understand or rather I think that this account is not my Office 365 account but my Microsoft account.

How can I change from the old e-Mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my current e-Mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for my Microsoft account that is associated with my Operating System?

:)

EMBBerwyn, Apr 22, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, May 23, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 23, 2020
  4. I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...

1. I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft... - Similar Threads - cannot remember Microsoft

2. I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC: if i try it will open a grey little box and then close even if i try to creat a new admin account on my pc.It's happening just on the pc i can't open my account on xbox,pc and microsoft store and so,i need urgent help....
  3. I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC: if i try it will open a grey little box and then close even if i try to creat a new admin account on my pc.It's happening just on the pc i can't open my account on xbox,pc and microsoft store and so,i need urgent help....
  4. I cannot remember my administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remember my administrator password: What can I do if I can’t remember my administrator password, I’d there a way to recover that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-remember-my-administrator-password/9063fd2e-e0c2-4d77-9a62-9404661b8cba
  5. I cannot remember my administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remember my administrator password: What can I do if I can’t remember my administrator password, I’d there a way to recover that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-remember-my-administrator-password/9063fd2e-e0c2-4d77-9a62-9404661b8cba
  6. I cannot remember my administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cannot get into my laptop. Cannot remember the Microsoft account details for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into my laptop. Cannot remember the Microsoft account details for this...: The technical team at costcos cannot get to the bottom of this. Error occurred after an update last night https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-into-my-laptop-cannot-remember-the/7388e38f-4f87-414b-8bc1-69dfc763110c
  8. Cannot get into my laptop. Cannot remember the Microsoft account details for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get into my laptop. Cannot remember the Microsoft account details for this...: The technical team at costcos cannot get to the bottom of this. Error occurred after an update last night https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-into-my-laptop-cannot-remember-the/7388e38f-4f87-414b-8bc1-69dfc763110c
  9. I cannot log in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot log in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I know the password off by heart and yet when a previous person on here suggested I log out I now cannot log back in, despite knowing the password and having it stored in a secure location. I have now changed it when I did not want to and wrote down the new password....
  10. Cannot log into my microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log into my microsoft account: Anytime I try to log into my personal Microsoft account, it insists that I do not have connection to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet. I am trying to download an app, but I can't log in to the store. I can't even log into my personal account through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to see my microsoft account password I dont want to reset it