Windows 10: I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is...

Discus and support I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What programs can I safely remove from my laptop to make storage space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GloriaRobinson1, Nov 2, 2019.

1. I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is...

What programs can I safely remove from my laptop to make storage space

:)

GloriaRobinson1, Nov 2, 2019

2. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is...

1. I cannot remove enough programs to make space. I'm scared I might delete something that is... - Similar Threads - cannot remove enough

2. Not Enough Space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  3. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  4. WARNING! Should I be scared??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WARNING! Should I be scared??: I purchase a 2 TB HDD to archive an important file. The clone of my important file went fine but I get the warning boxes shown in the attached screenshots. I did a chkdsk/F as admin and there are zero problems reported. Do I need to return or buy another HDD or is the...
  5. I do not have enough disk space.

I do not have enough disk space.: I have tried everything that online searches have told me to do and I still only have 518 MB left. I have tried practically anything so if you think of something that you have told others, I have tried it. I don't want to waste time on going in circles so if you can think of...
  6. storage: i dont have enough space

storage: i dont have enough space: my pc dosent have enough room to get the newest window update i dont have enough space however my labtop wont let me uninstall any app anyway it says that i need all theses and my hole internal storage is being taken up by microsoft please help thank you ps my wireless mouse...
  7. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  8. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  9. I can't make shortcuts for somethings

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't make shortcuts for somethings: I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this? Thank you 114567
  10. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed: As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties...