Windows 10: I cannot remove printer in windows 10.

Discus and support I cannot remove printer in windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft support team, My printer stays offline and cannot be connected (the "connect" is in gray color). I try to remove it from control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SahatayaBoonmakitimasak, Dec 7, 2019.

1. I cannot remove printer in windows 10.

Dear Microsoft support team,

My printer stays offline and cannot be connected (the "connect" is in gray color). I try to remove it from control panel but not successful. The status is now freezing "offline" and "removing device". Please help.

SB

:)

SahatayaBoonmakitimasak, Dec 7, 2019

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      I cannot remove printer in windows 10. c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Window 10 - printer device will not remove

Hi,

Let us verify some information to properly assist you with this issue. Are you using Windows 10 Pro? If you are, please check out the troubleshooting steps shared by
    Ramesh Srinivasan on this
    link

You may also use the Print Management to remove the printer. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key, and type Print Management on the search bar
    • Select Print Management.
    • Once the page opens, go to Customer Files > All Printers.
    • Look for the printer that you want to remove, right-click it and select
      Delete

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

I cannot remove printer in windows 10.

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

I cannot remove printer in windows 10.

1. I cannot remove printer in windows 10. - Similar Threads - cannot remove printer

2. cannot remove printer drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot remove printer drivers: I followed this procedure:David-M. Independent Advisor Hi Blackhillz,I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.I suggest you do the procedure below.1. Open Start and select "Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners";2. Under "Related settings", select "Print Server...
  3. cannot remove printer drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot remove printer drivers: I followed this procedure:David-M. Independent Advisor Hi Blackhillz,I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.I suggest you do the procedure below.1. Open Start and select "Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners";2. Under "Related settings", select "Print Server...
  4. cannot remove printer drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CANNOT remove a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT remove a printer: Hi,After encountering a printing problem Printer Error, I decided to remove the printer and reinstall it.From Windows I selected my printer and choose remove. Windows reponded showing "Removing Printer".After multiples restart, Windows still indicates "Removing Printer" and I...
  6. CANNOT remove a printer

CANNOT remove a printer: Hi,After encountering a printing problem Printer Error, I decided to remove the printer and reinstall it.From Windows I selected my printer and choose remove. Windows reponded showing "Removing Printer".After multiples restart, Windows still indicates "Removing Printer" and I...
  7. Cannot remove printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove printer: Windows 11The HP Laserjet Pro cannot connect to the scanner. There are some printers that were badly installed. The goal is to remove several printers.Here is an example of the instructions I find:But when the dialog is displayed, there is no Remove option. None.What are...
  8. Cannot remove printer

Cannot remove printer: Windows 11The HP Laserjet Pro cannot connect to the scanner. There are some printers that were badly installed. The goal is to remove several printers.Here is an example of the instructions I find:But when the dialog is displayed, there is no Remove option. None.What are...
  9. Printers Cannot be Removed and wont Work Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Cannot be Removed and wont Work Properly: My printer under "Printers and Scanners" in the settings says that "Driver is Unavailable". When i try and hit remove device, it loads for a minute and says "Remove Failed". I am unable to print on any of my HP printers. Any fixes?...
  10. Remove Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Printer in Windows 10: How to: Remove Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have a printer in Windows 10 that you no longer want added, then you can remove the printer. This tutorial will show you different ways on how to remove a printer in Windows 10. You must be signed in as...