Windows 10: I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer

Discus and support I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried going to settings but there is no option to 'never require a password' when I start using my personal home laptop. I have tried netplwiz... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by clevertrousers, Feb 21, 2021.

1. I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer

I have tried going to settings but there is no option to 'never require a password' when I start using my personal home laptop. I have tried netplwiz and there is no option there either. In fact, in the settings - sign in options section, it says, in red, "Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep...". Authentication is required by who? I am the administrator of my system.

:)

clevertrousers, Feb 21, 2021
  2. kevin525 Win User

Password - "Authentication Required".

When trying to log in to a members only are of a website and I insert my username and password, I am refused entry and get an error notice "Authentication required". How do I overcome this please and gain access?

kevin525, Feb 21, 2021
  3. How to remove password in windows 10 home basic

Hi Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that password is very important securing the computer and preventing unauthorized access to the computer.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remove password in windows 10", are you referring that you don't want to enter the password when you boot to the computer or completely removing the password for your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

If you do not want to enter the password after logging in from sleep mode, I suggest you to follow the steps below to select don't require a password in the power option and check if it helps

1.Click on
    Search bar.

2. Type "Power options" without the quotes in Search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on require a password on wakeup
    option.

4. Now Click on change settings that are currently unavailable

(if the option doesn't appear refer to the next step).

5. Click on don’t require a password.

6. Click on save changes.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing the password in Windows 10,
    we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 21, 2021
  4. I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer

How to setup proxy authentication in Windows Phone 8?

@LEM Access,

First of all thanks for replay. Can you verify following steps?

• Double-check that proxy authentication still require.
    • Delete your password, then apply password and check connectivity.
    • while you are connected, what it shows below the SSID? "No Internet access" or "secure/open"
    In my case, after applying proxy any link prompt authentication. after submitting credential, they again prompt for authentication. When I checked "remember password" It won't prompt neither open link.

PratikBodawala, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer

1. I cannot remove the requirement for password authentication when using my personnal computer - Similar Threads - cannot remove requirement

2. Require password before sending notification to Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require password before sending notification to Authenticator: A few times recently, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by Authenticator asking me to approve a login. Obviously, this wasn't me trying to log in, so I deny the request and my account remains secure, but I still got woken up and that gets me irritated. I do NOT...
  3. Require password before sending notification to Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require password before sending notification to Authenticator: A few times recently, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by Authenticator asking me to approve a login. Obviously, this wasn't me trying to log in, so I deny the request and my account remains secure, but I still got woken up and that gets me irritated. I do NOT...
  4. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  5. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  6. Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage

in Windows 10 News
    Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage: [ATTACH]When setting up your new Windows 10 PC if you encounter a dialog box […] This article Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?: How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-password-requirement-when-computer/17c32d3d-b8d7-4162-a334-e93d51263f85"
  8. remove log on password requirements.

remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  9. When turning computer on it required me to use a password

When turning computer on it required me to use a password: Hi, A long time ago I set my computer so that I had to log in with a password. I deleted the requirement a long time ago and just turn my computer on and I'm in. However, today I was required to sign in using a password. Thankfully I had the password saved in a safe place...
  10. I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer

I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer: I just got a new computer and it requires me to sign in with a password every time I power on, I want to be able to use my own stuff in my own home without needing passwords to switch on and off. Nobody else is going to be near my stuff....