Windows 10: I Cannot resize window

Discus and support I Cannot resize window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something changed and if I browse windows changing a size is not possible, only minimize or close. Im not in laptop mode, I tried SFC Scannow multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jiří Rohel, Jan 25, 2021.

1. I Cannot resize window

Something changed and if I browse windows changing a size is not possible, only minimize or close.

Im not in laptop mode, I tried SFC Scannow multiple times.

I can send a video showing this problem. In the right corner doesn even appear a double window icon only simple window icon. I can easilly resize any app or firefox . Just a simple window in browsing folders can be ONLY MAXIMIZED. It cost me so much time and Im in dead end.

Silly windows, how is possible, That this happends?

I should never allow actualization.

Thank you for help

:)

Jiří Rohel, Jan 25, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 25, 2021
  3. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 25, 2021
  4. I Cannot resize window

Resizing photos for export using windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Which app/program are you using to browse/view photos?
    • Are you referring to Windows Photos app to edit/resize image?

If you are using Windows Photos app to edit image, I would like to inform you that as of now there are no image resizing option available in Photos app. I suggest you to use other app/program to resize the image (e.g. Paint).

To resize image in Paint, kindly refer the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Note: The above link contains step for Windows 7, but they also applies to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

I Cannot resize window

1. I Cannot resize window - Similar Threads - Cannot resize window

2. Cannot resize windows on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot resize windows on Windows 11/10: [IMG]When you launch an application on Windows 11/10, you can restore it and change its size by dragging its edges or corners with the help of your mouse. According to some users, they cannot resize opened windows, the restore and resize windows feature is not working, or...
  3. Help -Cannot resize a window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help -Cannot resize a window in Windows 10: I have a Lenova PC with Windows 10 and cannot resize any opened window. Also I no longer see the Draw tab in Word. It is present however in Excel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-cannot-resize-a-window-in-windows-10/063518dd-183c-4ac2-b455-cc14200ee4fa
  4. XL2019 cannot resize spreadsheet

XL2019 cannot resize spreadsheet: Win10 v.1903 Office 2019 - in XL desktop mode the Restore Down button will not resize the spreadsheet. What is the fix PLEASE??XL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xl2019-cannot-resize-spreadsheet/c5ec873e-f03d-4b2c-9a40-b6a4829364e8
  5. cannot drag or resize open windows

cannot drag or resize open windows: this happened out of the blue. also cant highlight text. i am not in tablet mode and the mouse clicklock is not checked. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-drag-or-resize-open-windows/f5aff1d1-7f1f-461b-88a6-3d69de56b064
  6. I can't resize the windows

I can't resize the windows: If I try to resize my windows, it gets smaller while I'm moving it, but when I let go, it only goes to half screen, or full screen. The downsize button doesn't work. How do I fix this? I tried to deactivate SNAP, and nothing happened....
  7. Cannot resize my OS partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot resize my OS partition: This is a spin-off from thread Missing Recovery partions - is that a problem? - Windows 10 Forums I'm trying to shrink the OS partition on my Disk 0 to make room for another (small) partition but am having no luck. Disk Manager shows there is 0 shrink space. MiniTool...
  8. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  9. Cannot resize partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot resize partition: These are my partitions: [img] I wish to shrink the partition "E" by 20GB and add it to partition "G". But the built-in Disk Management program won't let me. [img] So, I tried a third party app - Easeus Partition Manager, but it tells me it needs to finish...
  10. File Explorer cannot resize its window

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer cannot resize its window: Hello, when I open the File Explorer, it opens in full-screen mode. I can minimize it but not resize the window. If I click the top-right corner symbol of two squares, the file explorer window gets smaller but the text in it flashes on and off for a while and then...