Windows 10: I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10.

Discus and support I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, when turning off my computer to go to dinner, I was notified that a Windows update was ready to be downloaded so I selected "update and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomasbwbgt, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10.

Today, when turning off my computer to go to dinner, I was notified that a Windows update was ready to be downloaded so I selected "update and then turn off the computer". When I came back after dinner, the computer would not start and displayed a blue screen. I noticed that a message was shown that stated that if I talked to a support person that I should inform them of the following phrase. Stop Code: System License violation. I have looked up this issue and have , following Microsoft directions on the internet, tried to enter the safe mode in order to delete the offending update. (The computer has tried automatic repair a number of times without success.) It looks like I need to get rid of the newest update, but I cannot even enter the safe mode to do that. What should I do?

Thomasbwbgt

:)

Thomasbwbgt, Jul 10, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10.

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download November 30 CU KB4051963 x64 (493.1MB)

Brings system to 16299.98

List of improvements and fixes found here.

There's a few other November 30 updates too(KB4054022, KB4055237, KB4052342). I'm not sure whether you'd want, or need, to install them as well. But for more info to base your decision on see the links above^^^.

MrGenius, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10.

1. I cannot restart my computer after downloading a new update to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - cannot restart computer

2. Cannot update windows 10 and manual install will uninstall after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update windows 10 and manual install will uninstall after restarting my computer: I'm having the following error:When I try to check for updates, nothing appears. If I run windows troubleshooter, it finds no problems. I have tried to manually install using the media creation tool and through an update link on the official microsoft site. Whenever I do...
  3. Cannot update windows 10 and manual install will uninstall after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update windows 10 and manual install will uninstall after restarting my computer: I'm having the following error:When I try to check for updates, nothing appears. If I run windows troubleshooter, it finds no problems. I have tried to manually install using the media creation tool and through an update link on the official microsoft site. Whenever I do...
  4. Cannot update windows 10 and manual install will uninstall after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After downloading latest feature updates of windows 10 and restarting my computer, my...

After downloading latest feature updates of windows 10 and restarting my computer, my...: I have been struggling to update my windows 10 version 1909 to the latest version 20H2, but I always get some errors. I am using Windows 10 Update assistance to update windows. After successfully downloading and installing my updates, it asked me to restart my computer. So I...
  6. Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...

Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...: This has happened 3 times now, trying to install this latest update. I download/install them via Settings>Windows Update. Windows Update prompts me to restart my computer to complete the updates, so I do, and when It reboots, my displays turn off, but the computer itself is...
  7. New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue.

New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue.: It's been a while since I've had a new device, and once I received and started up, my computer had all these window updates and downloads that needed to take place. It's been 3 days now and it's taking a very long time for this action to take place. Items are saying...
  8. i cannot download softwares to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cannot download softwares to my computer: [ATTACH] cannot download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-softwares-to-my-computer/c286617b-8cf0-4329-b2a0-c1eaa9624652
  9. New computer will not restart after installing new win 10 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer will not restart after installing new win 10 updates: A few days ago I bought a new computer, set it up and turned it on. In order to continue it asked me for my Microsoft account code number. Now my other computer that was up to date with win 10 I have a pin number that I use. So I had to create a account using a code number....
  10. Restart computer after download and install of windows 10 1709 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart computer after download and install of windows 10 1709 update: I have a Acer Aspire M3450-UR30P and I am running Windows 10 1703 with every cumulative update and every other update applied. My system runs great with one exception. I can restart from windows and it has no problems restarting and booting up to my windows. I can shut down...