Windows 10: I cannot restart my PC

Discus and support I cannot restart my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to clear my PC of all files, I am prompted with an error saying: “There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made.” I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reaperbettingco, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I cannot restart my PC

Whenever I attempt to clear my PC of all files, I am prompted with an error saying: “There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made.” I have researched and attempted every Google recommendation, with no luck. If there is somebody that could help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/reaperbettingco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reaperbettingco, Jun 4, 2020

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

I cannot restart my PC [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

I cannot restart my PC [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jun 4, 2020
  4. I cannot restart my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

I cannot restart my PC

1. I cannot restart my PC - Similar Threads - cannot restart

2. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  3. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  4. I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered: Hello!I needed to restart my computer in safe mode.Ever since I could not log into it.The field I need to enter my pin does not appear.I tried all the available info on the net, neither helped.Thank you for your help...
  5. I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered

I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered: Hello!I needed to restart my computer in safe mode.Ever since I could not log into it.The field I need to enter my pin does not appear.I tried all the available info on the net, neither helped.Thank you for your help...
  6. windows 11: why my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: why my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased...: I really really dislike windows, my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased by a system upgrade.Each win11 updating brings to me kinds of issues and waste my time to solve these issues. Microsoft becomes more and more beastly...
  7. windows 11: why my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased...

windows 11: why my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased...: I really really dislike windows, my Chinese input method cannot display candidate item after restart cased by a system upgrade.Each win11 updating brings to me kinds of issues and waste my time to solve these issues. Microsoft becomes more and more beastly...
  8. RPC Server Unavailable. Windows 10. Cannot log in, pc will not restart or shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC Server Unavailable. Windows 10. Cannot log in, pc will not restart or shut down.: I cannot log into my PC at all. I have Windows 10. I put in my PIN and it comes up with a message saying RPC Server Unavailable. It will not let me log in. It will not shut down or restart. I have tried googling solutions, however none of these work since I can't even log in....
  9. RPC Server Unavailable. Windows 10. Cannot log in, pc will not restart or shut down.

RPC Server Unavailable. Windows 10. Cannot log in, pc will not restart or shut down.: I cannot log into my PC at all. I have Windows 10. I put in my PIN and it comes up with a message saying RPC Server Unavailable. It will not let me log in. It will not shut down or restart. I have tried googling solutions, however none of these work since I can't even log in....
  10. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...: My computer would not update correctly so I reset it, but when I try to reset it, it stops at 81%, boots into windows but does not let me use my computer. When I tried to launch is safe mode it gave me the response "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To...