Windows 10: I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Howdy, I have tried to restore my Windows 10 PC so that once everything is off the PC. When I try to reset my PC via the "Reset this PC" item in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chrischrox, Jul 28, 2020.

1. I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Howdy,

I have tried to restore my Windows 10 PC so that once everything is off the PC.

When I try to reset my PC via the "Reset this PC" item in the Windows settings, I get the error message "Problem refreshing the PC, no changes have been made".

Using the administrator prompts I have already done what was recommended to me in the last support mail from Microsoft and on many forums. (So the one with /Scannow etc...) Unfortunately this did not help. When I try to reset my PC via the "Advanced Startup" setting, I am told that no admin account was found, although my main account and also a second account are specified as admin.

My goal is to reset my PC so that only Windows with the pre-installed programs is left, as if you would buy a new PC.

MfG!

:)

chrischrox, Jul 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

1. I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - cannot restore

2. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  3. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  4. I cannot create restore point!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot create restore point!: Hello, I have a question! When i try to create restore point, first it shows and error 0x81000203 and after that in System properties / System Protection i cannot create restore point and it cannot find any available drivers! Pls help!...
  5. Critical process died. Even though windows cannot be restored . safe mode is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died. Even though windows cannot be restored . safe mode is not working: My window is not working.No additional options are working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-even-though-windows-cannot/4d2603bf-8ff1-42b5-988d-e1d34075f594
  6. Critical process died. Even though windows cannot be restored . safe mode is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died. Even though windows cannot be restored . safe mode is not working: My window is not working.No additional options are working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-even-though-windows-cannot/4d2603bf-8ff1-42b5-988d-e1d34075f594
  7. Critical process died. Even though windows cannot be restored . safe mode is not working

8. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  9. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  10. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....