Windows 10: I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Howdy, I have tried to restore my Windows 10 PC so that once everything is off the PC. When I try to reset my PC via the "Reset this PC" item in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chrischrox, Jul 28, 2020 at 10:23 AM.

1. I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Howdy,

I have tried to restore my Windows 10 PC so that once everything is off the PC.

When I try to reset my PC via the "Reset this PC" item in the Windows settings, I get the error message "Problem refreshing the PC, no changes have been made".

Using the administrator prompts I have already done what was recommended to me in the last support mail from Microsoft and on many forums. (So the one with /Scannow etc...) Unfortunately this did not help. When I try to reset my PC via the "Advanced Startup" setting, I am told that no admin account was found, although my main account and also a second account are specified as admin.

My goal is to reset my PC so that only Windows with the pre-installed programs is left, as if you would buy a new PC.

MfG!

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

4. Ahhzz Win User

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

1. I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - cannot restore

2. the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment: Hi, I just upgraded my PC from Windows 32 bit to 64 bit. I have a few partitions on my hard drive. I followed the online instruction and created a WindowsImageBackup which is now stored on an external hard drive. The upgrade process was fine and smooth. I deleted the current...
  3. Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data

Reinstalled Sticky Notes - Now cannot restore data: For at least a week now, my Sticky Notes crashes whenever I try to open it. I have attempted several solutions given on the forums but none have worked to be able to reset it and restore my previous notes. I am on Windows 10 version 1909. Before reinstalling Sticky Notes I...
  4. Search and start menu not working at all - Cannot Restore/Rollback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search and start menu not working at all - Cannot Restore/Rollback: If I click on search on the taskbar nothing happens. If I go into the start menu and start scrolling to find an app that I want to use the start menu refreshes and does not open my app. I have to open the app by going into the store If it's a Microsoft app; Otherwise I have...
  5. Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore: Hi there, I am currently having a number of diverse issues with my computer. I cannot open Outlook - "something is wrong with one of the data files.........' I have scanned and fixed the drive for errors and repaired file/s a number of times. The windows search...
  6. Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore: My computer was compromised two days ago from an attachment to an email from one of my contacts. After having several issues I completed a system restore that was able to resolve the issues that I was having. However, after completing the system restore, I can no longer...
  7. WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....

WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....: I am trying to test a full system restore of Windows 10 client backed up using WSE 2016. I have two identical Dell 8930 desktops. One has been doing backups to WSE 2016 for a year. I decided to test a full restore onto the other identical computer. I am booting over the...
  8. Cannot boot or restore after update. Windows 10 64 bit Toshiba Satellite.

Cannot boot or restore after update. Windows 10 64 bit Toshiba Satellite.: After an update , my Windows 10 Toshiba laptop will not boot up. I have tried every option on the troubleshoot menu to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-or-restore-after-update-windows-10-64/b7b4c1d7-e290-4d54-a0a2-4f12386cb9fd
  9. FIle History cannot restore after a HD crash

FIle History cannot restore after a HD crash: Using Win10 Pro. Had file history working. HD crashed and I had to install new copy of Win10 Pro. Now I cannot get File History to recognize the previous files from 2 days ago. when i try to use that file history it says 'Could not reassocciate with File HIstory data'. The...
  10. Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting: I cannot connect to the internet on my windows 10 PC says firewall setting unable to set to recommended setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-firewall-settings-to-recommended/56c847a6-f5fd-4cae-90d3-da60f9c3d379