Windows 10: I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

Discus and support I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am on windows 10, and this has been happening for a few days. I reset my laptop quite a few times, updated drivers and windows. Only thing that lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hecker5556, Nov 8, 2022.

1. I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

I am on windows 10, and this has been happening for a few days. I reset my laptop quite a few times, updated drivers and windows. Only thing that lets me back onto the desktop is resetting explorer.exe, but its temporary and I still can't rightclick on the desktop. Everything else works. When I try to rightclick on the desktop, my cursor turns into a loading cursor and it loads infinitely, until I exit the desktop. What worked temporarily is returning to a restore point made automatically by a driver updater, and it worked for that one day but today it happened again.I am on a 1 year old Lapto

:)

Hecker5556, Nov 8, 2022
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 8, 2022
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Far Cry 2 exits to desktop

After playing Far Cry 2 for a couple of hours it randomly exits to the desktop without an error. It is not my temps as they never go above 45* on the cpu or 35* on the gpu. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix to it?

DarkEgo, Nov 8, 2022
  4. I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

1. I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it. - Similar Threads - cannot rightclick desktop

2. How can I go back to my desktop if I am stuck in troubleshoot options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I go back to my desktop if I am stuck in troubleshoot options?: At first, I can't connect my Acer to a network. No matter how many times I turn on my wifi settings, it just turn off automatically. So I restarted my PC and when it came back it says there's problem in my PC and now I am stuck in juat two options to troubleshoot or to...
  3. I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.: I am on windows 10, and this has been happening for a few days. I reset my laptop quite a few times, updated drivers and windows. Only thing that lets me back onto the desktop is resetting explorer.exe, but its temporary and I still can't rightclick on the desktop. Everything...
  4. I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot rightclick on my desktop, and when I have exited the desktop, I can't go back to it.: I am on windows 10, and this has been happening for a few days. I reset my laptop quite a few times, updated drivers and windows. Only thing that lets me back onto the desktop is resetting explorer.exe, but its temporary and I still can't rightclick on the desktop. Everything...
  5. When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...: I have tried reinstalling driver, updating them, only fixed it for a couple of days. Its very annoying to alt+tab and certainly my screen is in a wierd ass resolution and it also makes alt+tab very slow because the monitor and gpu have to change resolution. Most solutions...
  6. So, Everytime I rightclick a application / file. My screen desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    So, Everytime I rightclick a application / file. My screen desktop freezes.: So ive been dealing with this problem with my pc that when I try to rightclick a file or a application it just freezes on the spinning circle thing....
  7. how do i go back to my old desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i go back to my old desktop: how do i go back to my old desktop layout after an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-my-old-desktop/b3b94d2e-d888-4185-b62d-b5817b00be1c
  8. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  9. I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10

I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10: My young daughter did something on my laptop and now the start menu appears to be stuck open. If I right click on the start menu button it gives me a desktop link, but when I click on it, it only shows me the desktop background with no icons, if I click anywhere on it, it...
  10. Desktop changed itself and I can't get it back

Desktop changed itself and I can't get it back: I was in the middle of using my computer and when I attempted to change to a new tab my computer decided to change itself. It now has the tiles etc like when you normally press the windows icon in the bottom left. I can't return to my usual desktop. How do I return to a...