Windows 10: i cannot run my video game

Discus and support i cannot run my video game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer can run metro redux and bioshock before, but after 1709 update, they cannot run anymore until now,i don't know how to fix it. may be it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jiaweishi, Sep 6, 2018.

1. jiaweishi Win User

i cannot run my video game

my computer can run metro redux and bioshock before, but after 1709 update, they cannot run anymore until now,i don't know how to fix it.

may be it's intel's graphic card dirver problem, intel update there VGA driver months ago but i cannot update the latest driver.

please teach me how to fix them, please

:)

jiaweishi, Sep 6, 2018

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. i cannot run my video game - Similar Threads - cannot run video

2. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU: Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. I've desactivated the integrated gpu and run the game, the game does...
  3. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU: Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. The issue seems to be on steam only, i've tryed game on epic games...
  4. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU: Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. The issue seems to be on steam only, i've tryed game on epic games...
  5. I cannot reinstall My GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot reinstall My GAME: The game Minecraft Windows 10 edition, Is not reinstalling its really annoying and I've So many different solutions, I've Turned off my pc SO many TIMES and its kind of frustrating Considering i literally paid for something that doesn't work Please HELP....
  6. Cannot run PC Game Pass games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot run PC Game Pass games: I have just got around to purchasing the PC Game Pass and downloaded 2 games. I tried running The Outer Worlds and it gave me thispopup I was confused and went to the destination the popup listed and everything was fine and present I tried running the executable straight...
  7. Cannot run PC Game Pass games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot run PC Game Pass games: I have just got around to purchasing the PC Game Pass and downloaded 2 games. I tried running The Outer Worlds and it gave me this popup I was confused and went to the destination the popup listed and everything was fine and present I tried running the executable straight...
  8. Video in games stops running when I am recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video in games stops running when I am recording: When I am recording my screen by pressing ctrl + alt + R and then open a new tab in the browser, the recording stops. What is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-in-games-stops-running-when-i-am-recording/94f01149-edf1-49e3-be3a-3423ad0ef925"
  9. I cannot run any internet videos on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot run any internet videos on my laptop.: I have just had Windows 10 reinstalled. The message states An error occurred Try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-run-any-internet-videos-on-my-laptop/d2f2c9da-0ea7-41e8-9890-bb4907f8552e
  10. Trouble running online videos/Executing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running online videos/Executing games: For about 12 hours now my laptop has been unable to run any videos from online sources. I arrived last night from a flight to try and run a youtube video, only to have it not load and ask me to reboot my device. I did, and tried again, only to have no videos load from any...