Windows 10: I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

Discus and support I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by {Karel}, Jun 23, 2022.

1. {Karel} Win User

I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. I've desactivated the integrated gpu and run the game, the game does not use the other cpu, it's like if the game does know there is a other gpuThe issue seems to be on steam only, i've tryed game on epic games and they run on the right gpu.I've done both of the technique of this site and it's still does work : https://www.itechtics.com/use-specific-gpu/I'am on a laptop, i have a gtx 1660

:)

{Karel}, Jun 23, 2022

2. Gaming Laptop uses dedicated GPU on a non-existent monitor

So I have a bit of a complicated problem. Up until recently, I've been doing good with my Laptop. It has an igpu and a dedicated gpu. I had 2 monitors, the one directly connected to my laptop was run by the igpu, and the external was run by the dedicated
    gpu. I am on vacation, and don't have access to my second monitor, and now, when I try to run a game with my dedicated graphics card, it will try to pull up the game, but close it, since the dedicated gpu is set to my second monitor. How do I change this?
    My Geforce Experience app isn't working by the way.

RubiksCuber37, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jun 23, 2022
  4. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

Windows 10 problem running steam

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to post this query on Steam Community as they have a dedicated Forum for gaming issues.

Steam Community
    Steam Community

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

1. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU - Similar Threads - cannot run steam

2. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU: Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. The issue seems to be on steam only, i've tryed game on epic games...
  3. I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot run steam game on my dedicated GPU: Hello, I've tested every thing from display option, power option, nvidia control panel. But nothing work. My game are still runing on the intergrated gpu and not on my graphic card. My driver are up to date. The issue seems to be on steam only, i've tryed game on epic games...
  4. Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...: Hello;If you search this you will find well framed questions that receive no replies and get locked shortly after posting, it's very curious.The previous poster had a Nvidia 1080 and 1650 and wanted to pick which would accelerate a given app on a case by case basis. was...
  5. Is there a way to run all apps on dedicated GPU

Is there a way to run all apps on dedicated GPU: Hello, I recently got a gaming laptop but realized I had to manually set the performance mode I wish the application to utilize. It's set on the GPU but I want all programs to run on the dedicated GPU, is there one application that if I set to the dedicated GPU, includes all...
  6. Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...

Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...: Hello All, I have tried to do some research on this topic but have only come out to dead ends and it seems like the function that is built into nvidia control panel is somehow overridden by windows. Lets explain: First my PC specs: Ryzen 2700x No integrated GPU Nvidia...
  7. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run...
  8. My laptop wont fully run on dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop wont fully run on dedicated GPU: I have an Acer Aspire VX-15 Specs: 256 GB SSD i5-7300HQ 2.7 Ghz GTX 1050 4 GB 8 GB RAM Intregrated GPU Intel HD 630 Problem is, my laptop's display is ran on the integrated gpu, which means, for I dont know what reason, games made in UE4 wont run, they will always, but...
  9. System programs running in background on dedicated GPU.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System programs running in background on dedicated GPU.: I don't like that Microsoft Edge, Lock App, Startupmenu and other Windows programs are running in the background on my dedicated GPU. Even after "Ending Task" in the task manager, these system programs continue to run after a restart or when they have been closed. Why haven't...
  10. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...